Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My recording has clipping on beat: can I reduce/make it more pleasant? (Read 1845 times) previous topic - next topic

My recording has clipping on beat: can I reduce/make it more pleasant?

Hello, guys! I hope you can help me on this. I have this video from a band gig which I took using a cellphone camera. It wasn't so sophisticated. The music was so loud that when I listened to the recorded video, the drum beat suffers, it sounds like it's clipping, I don't know how it's called. You can watch the video here. Are there any ways of reducing that particular sound or editing it so it may sound pleasant? Thanks!
sin(α) = v sound/v object = Mach No.

My recording has clipping on beat: can I reduce/make it more pleasant?

Reply #1
Mild clipping can sometimes be "un-clipped" with software.  What you have there is not mild clipping.  Your phone was overloading and has created a whole new sound on those drum hits.  Sorry, I don't thing there's anything that could be done.  Cell phones are notoriously bad audio recorders, even if the video is decent.