Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Custom playlist storage location? (Read 1881 times) previous topic - next topic

Custom playlist storage location?

Where are the playlists stored? I'm setting up a new phone and have numerous custom playlists with various streaming radio URLs entered laboriously. I really don't want to have to manually re-find the URLs and reimport fresh... I assume they're with the app somewhere because when I did an Android device transfer, they copied across -- unfortunately that causes some massive battery drain issues so I'm having to set up apps individually, so lose my playlists as a side effect.

I spent a while trying to find where the playlist files are stored with a file manager but without root there's some parts of the app directory tree I can't view, which (I think) includes the fb2k mobile playlist storage?

An export/import facility for configuration, playlists, library and so on would be excellent.
Don't forget International Talk Like A Pirate Day! September the 19th!

Re: Custom playlist storage location?

Reply #1
Still trying to figure this one out. If anyone can help me with this question it would be much appreciated.

Reply #2
It would be handy if custom playlists could be imported/exported, I'd love to be able to import custom playlists created on a PC on to my device, or be able to edit them in third party editors on the device.

Reply #3
any chance you could root the phone?
with root access, it should be possible to access private app data, where it's most likely storing everything.
also, might be helpful to search "adb backup", IIRC some of the methods could work without root somehow, and not force you to restore everything - so you could only restore fb2k data and leave everything else alone.
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #4
any chance you could root the phone?
with root access, it should be possible to access private app data, where it's most likely storing everything.
also, might be helpful to search "adb backup", IIRC some of the methods could work without root somehow, and not force you to restore everything - so you could only restore fb2k data and leave everything else alone.

Unfortunately not, too many banking / 2FA / streaming apps which all refuse to run if rooted.

I'm happy to use adb, but I'd be surprised if that's the only way to import and export playlists. Seems like an oversight if fb2k mobile can't cope with playlists in other parts of the filesystem.

As a compromise, even if it required me to manually create a playlist file externally, copy to the device and import inside fb2k mobile, that would be an improvement. Likewise for exporting, though it would also be lovely to be able to open the file via fb2k mobile in another editor on the device and save it back.

I wonder if any of the devs have playlist management / editing on the roadmap for a future version?