Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there any 64bit component like foo_streamer ( icecast2 source client ) ? (Read 1038 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there any 64bit component like foo_streamer ( icecast2 source client ) ?

Hi everybody,

for a while, I used the 32bit version of foobar2000 together with the component foo_streamer to operate a private webradio station from time to time. foo_streamer is an icecast2 source client, which encodes the output from foobar2000 to different formats ( mp3, aac, flac, vorbis ) and then feeds the stream(s) into icecast2.

Nevertheless, foo_streamer has not been maintained and seems to be abandoned since 2015. Therefore my question is:
Is there any component for this purpose which is actively developed and therefore available as a 64bit component ?

Thanks for any hints,
Nanobot

Re: Is there any 64bit component like foo_streamer ( icecast2 source client ) ?

Reply #1
Hi,

I'm new in foobar2000, but I need the same. Have you finally find a way, with x64 release to use icecast broadcast ?

Reply #2
Unfortunately not. However, I only sporadically run a web radio anyway, so the fact that there is currently no suitable plugin doesn't bother me that much.

Ideally, from my point of view a different approach to the original foo_streamer plugin would be desirable:
I would find it optimal if such a plugin would only add metadata to the audio data, but not re-encode the actual signal at all. Unfortunately, my programming skills are not sufficient to write such a plugin myself.

Reply #3
ok. So I used butt to encode but no metadatas! maybe will try to code it...one day!