Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scrobble (Read 49579 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_scrobble

Reply #75
i have this issue:
it authorizes normally, but then i click apply and ok and then immediately when i go back to preferences it deauthorizes
it was working fine before

Reply #76
Hi, the foo_scrobble plugin isn't working. Based on the console text, it seems like the plugin doesn't even load:

Code: [Select]
Components loaded in: 0:00.050567
Configuration read in: 0:00.003643
foobar2000 v1.4 [portable]
Watching: C:\Users\Jeremy\Music
User Interface initialized in: 0:00.194318
Startup time : 0:00.299359
Opening track for playback: "C:\Users\Jeremy\Music\orbital 2\07 Walk Now....wav"

Please help me get it to work.

Reply #77
i have this issue:
it authorizes normally, but then i click apply and ok and then immediately when i go back to preferences it deauthorizes

You have to go to the same button again and click complete authorization before clicking Apply :)

Reply #78
Hi, I'm very new to fb2k and I'm having a lot of trouble w this component.  Every time I try to install the foo_scrobble_master folder to the components library, the only compenent that seems to install is the foobar_input_validator.  Am i doing something wrong? Sorry if this is very noob, I cant find any other way to link my last.fm w foobar.

Reply #79
Seems like you've downloaded the source code. You want the fb2k-component file from this page....

https://github.com/gix/foo_scrobble/releases

https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:How_to_install_a_component

Reply #81
i have this issue:

You have to go to the same button again and click complete authorization before clicking Apply :)

Arrrrrrgh! I've stumbled over this obstacle as well and wondered for quite some time what's going wrong! Damn, that post should be highlighted or voted up in some way.

I was certain after the positive last.fm site's response of "You have granted permission to foo_scrobble to use your Last.fm account." that authentication was done, I wouldn't have to bother with anything more and did not expect the button I pressed to surprisingly change its function completely, i.e. shapeshifting into a button for the "next stage". Well, I did not consciously read the tooltip either, my bad. That everyday's haste fucks up my focus too much.

Maybe the UI would be even more foolproof if there were plain three buttons referring to the three possible states, enabled and disabled in their useful combinations, of course:
* Request Auth.
* Finalize/Complete Auth.
* Reset/Clear Auth

But well, being a software developer myself, it is astounding how stupid people (me!) can be when fumbling around with a piece of simple software, increasing the demand for foolproofness to extremes. Even being aware of that obviously does not save you from the occasional embarrassment  ::)

Reply #82
Hi,

I just bought an album called "unknown".
Here is the album listing on lastfm: https://www.last.fm/music/Reona/unknown

I suspect either foo_scrobble or lastfm might have some issues with fields containing "unknown" as a value.
Here is what shows up in the console:

Opening track for playback: "E:\Users\Artins\Music\ReoNa - unknown - 03 - Untitled world.flac"
Resampler (SRC): 96000 Hz sample rate is excluded
in on_playback_new_track()
Fetching new art
on_metadb_changed()
lastfm: []
foobar: [1602160764000]
Querying last.fm: http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=user.getTrackScrobbles&api_key=a1685abe5265b93cf2be4a70d181bf6b&user=artins90&artist=ReoNa&track=Untitled world&limit=200&format=json&page=1
Found 0 scrobbles in last.fm of "Untitled world"
on_metadb_changed() 
I think the strange entry is "lastfm: []".

All the other tracks are scrobbling just fine, even other tracks from the same artist but from different albums. I made sure the files are included in my monitored library.

I don't know if it's a lastfm issue or a foo_scrobble issue.
By the way, the same artist has another album called "null" which works just fine.

Reply #84
Thank you for solving the mystery, it looks like they have already added this album to the whitelist queue.

Reply #85
Thank you for this component. :)

One issue I'd like to report: if you have "Send now playing notifications" ticked on, it displays the "Scrobbling now" track on your Last.fm profile even if you have scrobbling turned off. Expected behavior would be to display the "now playing" track only if scrobbling is also turned on. I can't think of any instance when a user would prefer to send "now playing" notifications about tracks they are not scrobbling. Because of this, I currently have the "now playing" option permanently off... until it gets fixed, I hope. :)

Reply #86
Hi.
Scrobble 1.4.0.20572 crash on Linux Mint.
(Linux 5.4.0-54-generic x86_64 Mint 20 Ulyana 64bit MATE 1.24.0 Wine 5.0)
foobar2000 v1.6.2 DUI Output: Default : Primary Sound Driver or Default : Pulseaudio (TEAC USB DAC HA-P50)

crash reports.7z
https://www.sendspace.com/file/j8z9y4

version 1.3.1 is no problem
Windows 10 Home v2004 is is no problem.

Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #87
I didn't solve.

Re-install
Winetricks > Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2013, 2015
or
Wine Visual C++ redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
https://askubuntu.com/questions/852407/wine-visual-c-redistributable-for-visual-studio-2015
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #88
Any more info? Any output from wine?

I just tested with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS:
tyr:~/mdev/foo_scrobble/test/foobar2000_v1.6.2_wine:master> wine foobar2000
0009:err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {d9b3211d-e57f-4426-aaef-30a806add397} not registered
0009:err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {d9b3211d-e57f-4426-aaef-30a806add397} could be created for context 0x1
0009:err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {d9b3211d-e57f-4426-aaef-30a806add397} not registered
0009:err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {d9b3211d-e57f-4426-aaef-30a806add397} could be created for context 0x1
0009:err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {1968106d-f3b5-44cf-890e-116fcb9ecef1} not registered
0009:err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {1968106d-f3b5-44cf-890e-116fcb9ecef1} not registered
0009:err:ole:create_server class {1968106d-f3b5-44cf-890e-116fcb9ecef1} not registered
0009:err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {1968106d-f3b5-44cf-890e-116fcb9ecef1} could be created for context 0x17
wine: Call from 0x7b43c8bc to unimplemented function msvcp140.dll.?uncaught_exceptions@std@@YAHXZ, aborting

After that installing the VC++ 2015 runtime:
tyr:~/mdev/foo_scrobble/test/foobar2000_v1.6.2_wine:master> winetricks vcrun2015

With that I could authorize and scrobble successfully.
foobar2000 1.6.2
foo_scrobble 1.4.0
wine 3.0 (Ubuntu 3.0-1ubuntu1)

Reply #89
Hi gix.
Thanks for the answer, but didn't solve.
Re-install again.
Visual C++ 2015, 2017, 2019 runtime
Scrobble 1.4.0.20572: It crashes on setup and play.

crash reports - 02.7z(Another PC)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pesgaf

version 1.3.1 is no problem at all.

Machine specifications:
OS: wine-5.0 (Ubuntu 5.0-3ubuntu1), on: Linux / 5.4.0-54-generic
CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B830 @ 1.80GHz, features: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSE4.1 SSE4.2
CPU threads: 2
Audio: Out: DAC-HA200 - USB Audio

Reply #90
I can reproduce it with Mint and Wine 5. Checking.

Reply #91
Can you try with Wine 5.22?

Reply #92
Thanks for the advice.
Updated to Wine 5.22.
Can be sclobbling.

Many thanks gix.

Reply #93
I'm on the latest version, foo_scrobble-1.4.0.20572, and the plugin still loses authorization frequently.
It's authorized and scrobbling fine, until it isn't. And then usually it takes a while until I think to check what's been scrobbled recently and realise, and have to go and reauthorize and let it scrobble all the cached stuff.

Is this a known bug?

Reply #94
I'm on the latest version, foo_scrobble-1.4.0.20572, and the plugin still loses authorization frequently.
It's authorized and scrobbling fine, until it isn't. And then usually it takes a while until I think to check what's been scrobbled recently and realise, and have to go and reauthorize and let it scrobble all the cached stuff.

Is this a known bug?

@gix are you aware of this problem? Or is it only me?

Reply #95

Is this a known bug?

@gix are you aware of this problem? Or is it only me?

No idea what that is. When last.fm responds with "access denied" foo_scrobble clears the authorization (the docs are unclear about the exact meaning of the last.fm error codes). Maybe this error is only intermittent. I've never experienced this myself.

Reply #96
No idea what that is. When last.fm responds with "access denied" foo_scrobble clears the authorization (the docs are unclear about the exact meaning of the last.fm error codes). Maybe this error is only intermittent. I've never experienced this myself.

Could it be that "access denied" doesn't necessarily mean the authorization has been lost? I don't have any network errors I know about, but could the component be made less eager to clear authorization, by pausing and trying again a certain number of times first?

Just looking for anything that could help, as currently it's super frustrating.

Reply #97
Works for me 1.6.7 beta14.
Life-long Music Collection: 747GB / 25,646 Tracks & COUNTING! - 99% Lossless FLAC

Reply #98
An update was made - got a reply to my ticket on Github - and it's been working for me ever since :)

Reply #99
I'm having an issue wih this extension: it scrobbles only files from the folders which are added to foobar2000 library. When I play a file that's not in the library folder, the extension simply doesn't scrobble anything.