Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 128114 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #525
Hello.
I have two problems with the latest version of library tree as soon as I launch foobar2000 beta 19.
The first I have a script that appears see image.

The second is that I have to reload to have the order I pre-established which would be the folder structure.
Solutions?
That is not an "error". It's a SMP feature when scripts take too much time, you can tune it at the SMP preferences. Just click continue.

Can not reproduce your problem (view by folder) on 1.6 so it may be related to the beta changes to library. Which version of the script are you using?

SMP v1.6.1
https://ibb.co/4p55Tkf
Not SMP, but the library tree package :)

Btw the slow script warning option:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you.

Library-Tree-v2.3.4

The script message problem is solved
setting the slow script to 20 seconds (was 5 seconds)

The second problem remains.

While setting the view by folder, on the first run, I find another type of sorting.

I have to set the order by folder every time.

Have not been able to reproduce your problem, if I set folder view, it gets stuck at that everytime I reload the panel BUT maybe this setting is unchecked?

Yes, I have this option set on exit.

But on the first reboot, the order I indicated is not maintained.

I have to reload to get the order I chose

Reply #526
I don't have access to the configuration HTML panel, so can not really help you but... is this true? (on properties)

Reply #527
I don't have access to the configuration HTML panel, so can not really help you but... is this true? (on properties)

I tried changing that parameter from false to true, but the problem remains.

At the first instance of sorting by folder, the subfolders also appear.

Only the root folder appears with the reload.

Reply #528
Is there a way to prevent all of the nodes from auto-collapsing after I search and then go back to the main tree?

Reply #529
Hi!, I was searching a complement similar to Facets and I tried Library Tree. I have a question:

Is it possible to make 3 columns: Artist Main Folder --> Artist sub folders --> Albums with cover arts and order by year?

In facets I can get that using in the first two colums the folder structure, but in Library Tree was impossible for me 'cause always shows the subfolders files (.cue files and audio files that I don't want to be showed). I don't find how to show statics like the size of the main artist folder or duration of the albums in the third column too.

This is my actual layout using facets and JS Playlist, I would like to achieve something close to that o even better if it's possible with Library Tree or another component.

Have you tried turning it off and on again??

Reply #530
There is a bug at interface.js line 434
Code: [Select]
	getFont() {
const RunningWine = () => utils.IsFile('Z:\\bin\\bash' || 'Z:\\bin\\ls' || 'Z:\\bin\\sh' || 'Z:\\etc\\fstab'); /* detects if user is running Wine on Linux or MacOs, default Wine mount point is Z:\ */

Where if you have a drive witch such letter, like a virtual drive or a CD drive, utils.IsFile crashes.
https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/issues/192

It's funny just happened to me today, because I usually name my virtual drives in reverse starting from Z! Problem is the error appears at startup, so most users would not be able to bypass it.

There are probably other multiple places like that. This method, along IsFolder, etc. should always be wrapped inside try / catch.

Reply #531
@regor, yea this was my old helper I've provided WilB ;-)

Remember, we updated it with your additional code:

/**
 * @returns {boolean} Detects if user is running Wine on Linux or MacOs, default Wine mount point is Z:\
 */
const DetectWine = () => {
const diskLetters = Array.from(Array(26)).map((e, i) => i + 65).map((x) => `${String.fromCharCode(x)}:\\`);
const paths = ['bin\\bash', 'bin\\ls', 'bin\\sh', 'etc\\fstab'];
return diskLetters.some((d) => {
try { // Needed when permission error occurs and current SMP implementation is broken for some devices....
return IsFolder(d) ? paths.some((p) => IsFile(d + p)) : false;
} catch (e) { return false; }
});
}

Forgot to tell @WilB to update his...

-TT

Reply #532
@AlienRobot
I have added the necessary search memory to the next version.

@Gabohar
Next version has a new facets mode and allows use of any number of panels chained together. It also has statistics.

@regor
I've added the new jump search method. Thanks for the info.

@TT
@regor
Thanks for report and updated code snippet which will be in the next version.

@ApacheReal

Like @regor I have been unable to reproduce the issue.

If the problem persists can you open panel properties and clear all properties to reset the configuration (export properties first if you have made significant changes so you have a backup)?

If the issues still occurs, from your description it looks like it might be due to use of fb2k v2 (beta). So you could try foobar2000 1.6.16 to see if that solves it.

How the library initialises on foobar2000 start-up in v2 seems to have changed compared with earlier versions, although I know plenty of people for whom it works fine - in fact this is the only report I'm aware of where there might be an issue. v2 will require the advanced setting 'Auto-sync with library changes' left enabled.

Next version checks the fb2k version before deciding how to handle the library and has extra  checks and balances as well.

Reply #533
Can you add the following selection setting in the list view?

Next version has a new facets mode and allows use of any number of panels chained together. It also has statistics.
Sounds very exciting!

Reply #534
New Version: Library Tree v2.4.0

Release highlights:

- New facets / multi-panel mode
   - includes album art browser
- Statistics
- Mode presets
         - browser: keeps playing playlist
         - player: play from library without using a playlist: easy management
         - default: free choice of actions

See changelog for more info

Current feature set and gallery

Reply #535
THX.

Reply #536
sounds interesting...

i can't import the package: Corrupted package: can't find `package.json`

Reply #537
For each panel press shift + windows key, choose configure & on the scripts tab set the panel name of the first panel to Genre, the second to Artist and the third to Album
Is this statement wrong? Modify the name directly at the top panel.

Reply #539
ok. i downloaded the wrong zip.  :'(

Reply #540
Thank you so much for your effort, it's been great.
Panel settings-behavior, when the expanded mode helps, the bottom button drop-down box is misplaced.
What is the function of the shortcut key ctrl+backspace? Embarrassing, didn't test it out.

Reply #541
@always.beta
Is this statement wrong.
It's correct, edit button can be used, else I misunderstand. Sounds like you sorted it any way.

Panel settings-behavior, when the expanded mode helps, the bottom button drop-down box is misplaced.
I couldn't see anything, I think its just shunted down? may be I misunderstood you, so you'll need to explain more if there is a cosmetic issue.

Ctrl + backspace deletes the word before the cursor in the search box.

Reply #542
Is there some way to avoid creating cache playlists for multiple facets panels? While it may be fine on single playlist themes (with dropdown playlist selectors), for people using playlist tabs, polluting the tabs with these playlists is a big downside (the same applies to the find&play cache in fact).

Reply #543
I tried a few ways of doing this, using json etc, but all lacked performance since handleList isn't saved. Unless you know a way. fpl format is fast. If they could be separately saved and read it would resolve the issue - something I believe you have requested for smp

Reply #544
Yep.. had the same problem with the playlist manager -to load playlist files- and my "solution" was caching the entire library to find matches by path as fast as the native methods. Then you can simple save the track paths in plain txt files and load the handle.
helpers_xxx_playlist_files ->precacheLibraryPaths
pathTF = '$put(path,$replace(%_PATH_RAW%,\'file://\',))$if($stricmp($ext($get(path)),iso),\',\'%SUBSONG%,)';
// iterate over entire library (I would do it with serial promises to not freeze the UI)
paths_i = fb.TitleFormat(pathTF).EvalWithMetadbs(iItems);
paths = [...paths_i]

helpers_xxx_playlist_files ->getHandlesFromPlaylist
//As long as the library has not changed from the moment you cache the paths then the idx at path is equal to the idx at pool
pool = fb.GetLibraryItems();
idx = find matches by path in the cache
handlePlaylist[i] = pool[idx];

Not suggesting you to do so, just saying it can be done with the current tools for some use-cases. In my use-case it works fine because I rebuild the cache if items are added/deleted to the library during the same session (so it doesn't break playlists, loading the wrong handle). And losing 5 secs on the background to have instant playlist loading during a session is acceptable for me (I also share the same cache between different panels).

As far as I understand your usage, the cache can be on a handleList during the same session and you only need the playlist on startup (?). That would replace its usage, although it would need a few seconds to initialize.

Clearly an addLocations method to load things as handleList would be required here, being much easier. Also a method to save fpl playlists without the dialog input.

Reply #546
Thanks, I understand now.

Reply #547
Hello! Thanks a lot for this great plugin, I've just moved from v1.3.3 to v1.4.1 and seem to be having a slight issue...

For some reason when I use the Library Tree and set it to View by Folder Structure and click on a folder which contains all my albums when I send it to the playlist, it loads up correctly in chronological order at my playlist panel.

For reference, I attached the desired effect which is appropriately displayed as 1.png

Now when I close fb2k and re-open it and then do the same as above suddenly the entire order is changed and it gets reversely ordered basically in descending order.

I attached 2.png showing the issue of it being incorrectly displayed.

If inspect it further it looks like the first album is the last in my playlist and the last album is the first in my playlist and the ordering is still in descending order instead of ascending.

3.png shows what's the first album in my playlist after I've sent it from Library Tree to the Playlist panel (not to be confused everything is in the reverse order now using 2.png and 3.png as context!)

Surprisingly enough when I hit Reload on the Library Tree and do the above same steps the issue is no longer present and displays all the albums in ascending order or as 1.png... any idea what could be causing this?

Reply #548
Sounds like the playlist is force sorting.

Reply #549
Sounds like the playlist is force sorting.

Thanks a lot! That helped me round out the issue and I've set it to sort to %path_sort% and the issue no longer persists.