Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: more layer II (.mp2) questions (Read 11222 times) previous topic - next topic

more layer II (.mp2) questions

Reply #25
Come on... he is a nice guy, after all - he tried to sell his AAC encoder (that nobody really saw or hear) just for $500,00

I wonder does anybody remember his arguments how TAC his actually better than original CD tracks, according to his listening tests

Reply #26
Originally posted by Ivan Dimkovic
I wonder does anybody remember his arguments how TAC his actually better than original CD tracks, according to his listening tests

Actually, I don't, but I remember him saying that lots and lots of recording studios, softwares companies and whoever were desperate to license his next generation codec.

C'mon, Ivan. I know you are jealous because his sofware was much better, and he never let you participate in his listening tests.   

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #27
In the other toolame, mp2 thread about psy model 1 and 2 there was spread the very clear opinion , that 2 is better than 1.

But here I read, that with 2 nothing over 16 kHz gets encoded.
Whereas in 1 sometimes there are parts over 16 kHz.

Has somebody carried out listening tests, that 2 is really better than 1,  CBR bitrates 128 up to 224, all stereo ?
Unfortunately I have no time anymore to do such things carefully.

My impression of my first music encodings with model 2 have been not so overwhelming.
With toolame 1 I was always satisfied, clear music.
Now with 2 (224 CBR stereo) I thought: hmm, not so bright, dull ???!!!
But no A/B-test, just my impression.