Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: PEAQ (odg) with short vs long windows in AAC (Read 2701 times) previous topic - next topic

PEAQ (odg) with short vs long windows in AAC

Hi!,
I am currently developing my AAC encoder and testing it with pqevalaudio tool. It gives ODG measure.
I have observed that when I, for example,  use only short windows the ODG is much better than encoded file with only long windows (same parameters etc) but in subjective listening (it wasn't professional test but with me and several friends) gives the opposite results (sequences encoded with long windows give better quality).
Can anyone explain why PEAQ gives wrong results? Is there any mistake in tool? I've tested it also with EAQUAL.exe and results are similar to pqevalaudio.
Is there any sense to use ODG measure if it gives so strange results?

PEAQ (odg) with short vs long windows in AAC

Reply #1
No. Always trust your ears, and those of a few other listeners, using double-blind tests on a lot of test items.

Chris
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.