Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rhapsody v. Urge Streaming Listening Test (Read 4047 times) previous topic - next topic

Rhapsody v. Urge Streaming Listening Test

I think a discussion of user preferences between Rhapsody and Urge streaming audio would be interesting. However, I notice that the forum rules prohibit making subjective comparisons without backing them up with a double blind test.

What procedure could one use to do this and comply with the forum rules?

Reply #1
It'll be kind of hard to do unless you can somehow capture the same section of music encoded both ways.  But if you can, capture a number of music snippets to wav both ways and then use abchr-java to compare.

Reply #2
Urge shows as
Windows Media Audio 9 128 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo 2-pass CBR
and I'd be surprised if they do any special processing at that rate.  I'm not sure why they would use 2-pass with CBR.

I don't know what Real uses for Rhapsody.