Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why WAV tags doesn't appear in Windows Explorer? (Read 1544 times) previous topic - next topic

Why WAV tags doesn't appear in Windows Explorer?

Hello everyone,

I have a problem regarding the display of WAV tags in Windows Explorer. No tags appear except the bitrate and file type. Even the duration is 0:00. I installed TagLib Property Handler, but it only works with other formats like FLAC. I also installed AudioShell, but it is so slow to load the information and can never finish loading. Also, I cannot get full control in the registry as is recommended in this link: https://www.softpointer.com/AudioShellAndWindows8.htm It tells me, "Unable to save changes made to permissions on SystemPropertyHandlers. Access denied." I also installed File Meta Association Manager, but that also did not solve the problem. Could someone please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Why WAV tags doesn't appear in Windows Explorer?

Reply #1
Metadata for WAV files isn't well-standardized or widely supported.   But from my limited experience Windows Media Player CAN read them.    Almost every other format is better for tagging (probably because WAV is the oldest format).

No tags appear except the bitrate and file type. Even the duration is 0:00.
You don't need tags for that.

Re: Why WAV tags doesn't appear in Windows Explorer?

Reply #2
The free version of dBpoweramp will show wave tags in explorer.