Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AAC LC VS AAC HE V1 VS AAC HE V2 (Read 13767 times) previous topic - next topic

AAC LC VS AAC HE V1 VS AAC HE V2

Thanks to explain of a doom9 user (montython) these are optinal ranges to use each type of aac(nero) in stereo mode

Assuming that bitrate avaliable are
16-24-32-40-48-56-64-80-96-112-128-160-192-256-320-448 kb/s

If I must encode between 16 and 32 use aac he v2,44100 (but if original sampling is less,use the original)

If I must encode between 40 and 80 use aac he v1,44100 (but if original sampling is less,use the original)

If I must encode between 96 and 192(trasparence) is better to use aac lc (I will get a quality perfect!),44100 or 48000(better keep the original,but depends also of uses and compatibility and for this reason could be necessary 44100)

NB:in 40 kbit/s parametric stereo(aac he v2) is not really needed,so for this bitrate will be the optimal choice;
80 kbit/s with HE-AAC v1 vs 96 kbit/s with LC-AAC is a personal choice.

IT'S TRUE FOR YOU?

And about application?
for me makes sense use aac lc(96 to 192)to encode cd or dvd concert
aac he v1(40 to 80) for film
and aac he v2?

AAC LC VS AAC HE V1 VS AAC HE V2

Reply #1
Aside of the fact that the post is not much clear, be sure that Nero developers took *months* testing what was the best settings for the encoder, and as such, when it was better to use one profile or another.

What you've found doesn't contradict what the current settings do (so in some way, you've lost the time),

LC aac over 80, HE-AAC v1 over 48 and HE-AAC v2 below.

In the middle points, there's always some space of discussion, trading the downsides of one method over the ones of the other.

As to what's the use of HE-AAC v2... Just if you didn't know, there are 24kbps he-aacv2 radio streams out there (not the best quality, but nowhere as bad as an mp3 of the same bitrate). Other uses... well.. be creative