Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Game Emu Player (foo_gep) by kode54 (Read 273460 times) previous topic - next topic

Game Emu Player (foo_gep) by kode54

Reply #276
I'm still waiting for a nice Virtual On SSF set. x.x

Reply #277
An awful lot of those are streams.

Reply #278
Kode  I wanted to ask if you could insert click-able url links for the change log links instead of text it would make it easier and faster to follow the links when there is an update  so anyone can check the change logs  thx

Reply #279
There already are clickable links in the first post of this topic. I can't make the links on the component page clickable, since the page script escapes any HTML elements and does not feature any form of BBCode. You could click the discussion link to get back to the topic first, though.

Reply #280
There already are clickable links in the first post of this topic. I can't make the links on the component page clickable, since the page script escapes any HTML elements and does not feature any form of BBCode. You could click the discussion link to get back to the topic first, though.

that's too bad oh well... thx for the info none the less... could u talk to the web admin at some point about that? that is if the website could ever be updated to make it functional o_O

I usually don't come here to the forums when there is an update its usually straight to the component pages to grab
I just thought it would be faster while I was one the component to to make two very quick middle mouse clicks opening two tabs in the back ground loi
no worries I have all the pages bookmarked it just having to go dig for the links each time.. loi

Reply #281
It's not so much talking to the admin, as he doesn't have time to implement anything like that now. I could implement it myself, though, as I do have server access.

Reply #282
It's not so much talking to the admin, as he doesn't have time to implement anything like that now. I could implement it myself, though, as I do have server access.

You could  loi only if u can find the time, as you do so much already ;^_^;
Thank you so very much for all your work emulator, Foobar200 plugins, etc 

Reply #283
Any change in getting a tag database feature like you implemented on foo_dumb?

Chip-tunes on the web tend to have a wide volume range and replay gain would be nice to use with them. Good thing I haven't used headphones or else I would be deaf

Reply #284
Done for all formats except for SPC.

Reply #286
Hey Kode54, firstly I wanted to say thanks for all the work you put in. I doubt that's said enough to you.

Secondly (and why I'm popping in), I have a bug with foo_gep to report. I am just now building a new computer and notice that .HES and .KSS files do not work properly in the latest foo_gep (1.148). Specifically, .KSS files will load the first track but not show any of the other tracks. Attempting to load a .HES track into the playlist crashes foobar2000. Both of these music files function properly when using foo_gep v1.115.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit with foobar2000 v1.115. I removed all other components except for foo_gep to confirm that v1.115 is working and v1.148 is not. I couldn't find any other versions to test my files with, but if you could refer me to where I can find all the versions in between, I'd be more than happy to narrow down the specific version that breaks it for you.

I have uploaded the offending .HES and .KSS files, and I have uploaded both v1.115 and v1.148 foo_gep to my dropbox:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/56840675/foo_gep/foo_gep.7z

Reply #288
Fixed both bugs. The HES bug was with reading the ROM region that is optionally used for metadata, returning a null pointer that caused a hashing function to crash. The other was from forgetting to remove an ampersand and thus passing a pointer to a pointer to the KSS header checker, so it was checking the wrong address for the signature. Luckily, that one didn't crash since it didn't modify anything, but still prevented KSS files from being added to the playlist properly.

I don't know about that distortion thing, I'll look into that later.

Reply #289
It seems that writing nsf files is broken now after the tag database addition. If i try to edit the length of a track in a nsf file foobar crashes.

Though, the nsf file is correctly converted into a nsfe one and the length is the new one which was written before crash.

Do you need a crash report for this?

Reply #290
No, I can probably reproduce it on my own, but I will ask for a crash report if I cannot reproduce it.

EDIT: Fixed.

Reply #291
Thanks for the fix!   

Reply #292
Cool, I found an NSF that breaks with "Ignore 4011 writes" enabled. Not sure if it counts if it's a Famicompo entry. Famicompo Mini vol. 8, Cover entry #63, Doggtales - The Moon.

Reply #293
hi kode,
since two updates of GEP the length tag in SAPs doesnt show up anymore (therefore seeking isnt enabled). also since the last update SAP subsongs are not displayed anymore. this should be the case with all SAPs (at least for me). could you check (and probably fix) this?

Reply #294
While on the topic of SSF playback, I checked the new plugin, and found a problem: Lei-lei (Hsien-ko) winning theme in Vampire Savior doesn't work right, it gradually drops out all instruments. The AOSSF plugins also had this exact same issue, but it was fixed somewhere along the updates.

http://ssf.joshw.info

My first thought was "whoa, they managed to rip the Virtua Fighter 2 and VF Kids demo tune into SSF!", and then it turned out to be a bunch of lousy cd audio MP3s.
(note: VF2 and VF Kids use an alternate driver so they cannot be ripped with existing tools.)

Reply #295
It would save me some time if you managed to track down the exact version that fixed it. Either way, someone needs to find out where it was fixed so I have something to go on. It could be me, but I'm not sure how long I need to play files to force the issue.

Reply #296
It was fixed with the aossf.bin included with the last version of foo_input_aossf (1.21). It reproduces 100% of the time on older versions of that one file (even if the foobar input dll is newer), and it's just a 20 second jingle so you don't need to listen to it very long. The file in question should be SWIN0D.ssf here: ftp://modland.com/pub/modules/Saturn%20So...mpire%20Savior/

Reply #297
Wow, fixing that was easier than I thought. I just had to replicate some minor changes to a single status register. I also updated a couple of the AICA's status registers to match the latest aodsf as well, who knows if that will fix anything that may have been broken?

Reply #298
Oops, I somehow lost this change and had to redo it.