Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play Counter (Read 339711 times) previous topic - next topic

Play Counter

Reply #625
Enabling that option means the files will be modified. that's not the option you're looking for. Were the files you tried to play in the media library?

Play Counter

Reply #626
Enabling that option means the files will be modified. that's not the option you're looking for. Were the files you tried to play in the media library?

Yes I've played multiple files and it does not seem to be working, but I am not sure of a better way to test this other than my playlist query.

Below is an example of my query. I'm probably doing something wrong there.

Please let me know of how to better toubleshoot the problem if there is nothing wrong with my query and let me know if I need to provide any more info.

Thanks,

FB

Play Counter

Reply #627
Should be %play_count% not %playcount%

Play Counter

Reply #628
Should be %play_count% not %playcount%

Hmmm.. ok. I tried "NOT %playcount% MISSING", "NOT %play_count% MISSING". "NOT play_count MISSING", and "NOT playcount MISSING"

I got the original query from here -> http://wiki.bowron.us/index.php/Example_Queries

Is there some other way I can troubleshoot? I tried putting the format as "$num(%play_count%,5) - %artist% - %title%" for one of my queries and the playcount showed as 00000 for all of them. %last_played%...

WAIT.. I think I got it! It was the query altogether. It's working like a charm now.

Thanks for your help,

FB

Re: Play Counter

Reply #629
Hello,

I know that Foobar statistic exists (foo playcount), I installed it, it's great but I don't understand how it could entirely fit my need as I have 4 computers connected on my NAS containing all my audio files.

I would like to share and synchronize the count play number of my audio files on these 4 computers. I don't want to manage 4 distincts statistic files DB (one by computer).

I guess the solution would be to set the  play counter in the meta info of a the files itself but I don't know if it's possible...

Any advice is welcome!

thank you

Reply #631
Hello,

I know that Foobar statistic exists (foo playcount), I installed it, it's great but I don't understand how it could entirely fit my need as I have 4 computers connected on my NAS containing all my audio files.

I would like to share and synchronize the count play number of my audio files on these 4 computers. I don't want to manage 4 distincts statistic files DB (one by computer).
I store my index_data folder (the one that contains the foo_playcount index database) in my dropbox folder, and synchronize it between all my machines. The way to do this is to copy the folder from foobar into dropbox, and then create a Junction back to the foobar folder in %appdata%. Only drawback with this approach is that you can't have multiple foobars open at the same time. Foobar only reads the index-data databases at application start up (and unless you use foo_jesus only writes them at app close). So if you play a song on computer 1, while foobar is open on computer 2, computer 2's foobar won't know about the play and when it next writes the database out to the file it will overwrite whatever computer 1 had saved.

Reply #632
Is it possible to force the current track (or selected tracks) to be marked as listened (currently)? If the answer to this question is already present in this thread, forgive me for my inattention, and help me find it. I tried to skip the track to the end, but this does not change the count of the number of plays. It works fine only when the track is played in the usual way, without scrolling. I haven't set up my Foobar2000 add-ons for many years, and I can't immediately remember how they are set up. In Preferences / Components / Installed components / Playback Statistics 3.1.5 foo_playcount I only see About, no addon settings.