Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can I have different setups of custom columns for each playlist? (Read 1640 times) previous topic - next topic

Can I have different setups of custom columns for each playlist?

Hello.

I use foobar2000 v1.2.2.
I want to carry out different setup of custom columns for every playlist.
For example, playlist1 has "type" columns, but playlist2 doesn't.
I tried to make a setup of custom columns, but the setup was reflected in all the playlists.

And I want to display folder names in custom columns.
I tried
  %folder name%
and
  %foldername%
in the setup of custom columns, but it didn't work out.

Please help me.

Reply #1
I tried to make a setup of custom columns, but the setup was reflected in all the playlists.
As far as I know, this is not possible.

And I want to display folder names in custom columns.
I tried
  %folder name%
and
  %foldername%
in the setup of custom columns, but it didn't work out.
Right, because you can’t rely on guesswork for title-formatting. Just read the guide.

Reply #2
I want to carry out different setup of custom columns for every playlist.

two options I can recommend -

[1] In your Default UI layout, where you have the "Playlist View" component, replace it with a "Tabs" component (not Playlist Tabs) and add multiple Playlist View tabs. Then you can have a different column arrangement in each tab.

If you use Playlist Tabs, you'll want to add the Playlist View Tabs as a child panel inside of Playlist Tabs.

Playlist Tabs
--> Tabs
----> Playlist Views

[2] Switch from the Default UI to Columns UI, which allows you to specify different columns per playlist using filters.

To me, option 2 is much more desireable, but you'd have to learn a new UI and totally redesign your layout.

Reply #3
Thanks for your quick answers.

Right, because you can’t rely on guesswork for title-formatting. Just read the guide.

I had overlooked it. Thank you for the comments.

[2] Switch from the Default UI to Columns UI, which allows you to specify different columns per playlist using filters.
To me, option 2 is much more desireable, but you'd have to learn a new UI and totally redesign your layout.

I see.
It seems not easy, but I'm going to try Columns UI.