Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Two factor authentication (2FA) on Hydrogenaud.io (Read 4635 times) previous topic - next topic

Two factor authentication (2FA) on Hydrogenaud.io

While updating my profile, I noticed that the forum software now offers Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for an added layer of security. I enabled it, added the code to my Authenticator app as well as KeePass, and it works flawlessly. KeePass even auto-types the OTP on the login page.

Anyone else here who uses 2FA?

Re: Two factor authentication (2FA) on Hydrogenaud.io

Reply #1
I started using it a while back, I was probably the first, since I had to enable the feature in the forum for it to appear.

Reply #2
Thanks for enabling it. Since then, I've noticed a few other forums offer authenticator-based 2FA as well. Since there's no need to provide a mobile phone number, this is more or less a no-brainer for added security, especially since some websites have not moved to HTTPS.

I've found the following programmes/apps essential for TOTP management:

Hope that's of some help to anyone curious about using OTP codes.

Reply #3
Two other options:
  • 1Password but it's a subscription model now
  • Pass Kind of has a steep learning curve. Requires the pass-otp plug-in, just paste the totp token URI into the file for a given site, or use a QR decoder to decode a saved code image to find the URI.

Reply #4
Nice. Pity that Pass4Win is no longer developed, but I will play around with qtpass.

The beauty of KeePass is that it auto-types the OTP, as well. This is the sequence I use:

Code: [Select]
{USERNAME}{ENTER}{DELAY 4000}{PASSWORD}{TAB}{TOTP}{ENTER}

After entering the username alone, HA takes me to a page where the password and OTP can be entered. A delay of 4 seconds is enough for the second page to be ready.

Reply #5
Wouldnt mind it if KeePass had a REd Steam/Blizzard authenticator.