Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can I prevent neroAacEnc from writing ITUNSMPB? (Read 4827 times) previous topic - next topic

Can I prevent neroAacEnc from writing ITUNSMPB?

When converting a file to aac in foobar using nero it always writes a ITUNSMPB tag. This is not visible within foobar, but very well in MP3TAG via the extended tags.
Is there any way of keeping foobar from writing this tag?
I really don't want or need this tag and I find it very annoying. I simply don't want anything which relates to the foul fruit.

Reply #1
Nero encoder writes this tag, not foobar2000.

Reply #2
Thank you for the correction.

Then I will rephrase my question. How can I stop nero aac to write this tag?

Reply #3
You don't really want to remove that tag. It contains information to enable gapless playback.

Reply #4
I know.
But I don't use apple devices and it is of no use on android or on a USB stick in the car.

I have been removing it manually ever since. But I am not really happy with this workaround.

Reply #5
NeroAacEnc 1.3.3.0 (and older) doesn't write it.

Reply #6
I don't understand what's the big annoyance. It's not like it even gets displayed.

Reply #7
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contagion_heuristic

The contagion heuristic includes "magical thinking", such as viewing a sweater worn by Adolf Hitler as bearing his negative essence and capable of transmitting it to another wearer.

Reply #8
Yes, if you like I am showing charateristcs of a contagian heuristic in this respect.
I could indeed leave the tag where it is and live happily ever after, but I don't want to.
I simply feel uncomfortable with anything that has a leading "i".

Reply #9
Although Nero 1.3.3 uses chapter list + stts for gapless playback instead of iTunSMPB, you cannot stop it writing the string "com.apple.iTunes" into the mp4 box.
You will be able to find this magical string using Hex editor or something.