Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .dts audio not playing (Read 3514 times) previous topic - next topic

.dts audio not playing

Hello!!
I've been trying to make a dual (5.1) DTS and AC-3 DVD to be used for a university project, but at the moment I cant seem to get the DTS audio to play back on the DVD.
I'm hoping its a simple fix because the DVD needs to be done before Monday

I've created the DVD on DVD Lab pro, and the .dts audio imported into the assets folder fine and the DVD burnt without any problems. The DTS audio was encoded using Surcode DTS for DVD. The .dts files play back on VLC fine, but not on CyberDVD  on the DVD

I'm fairly new to this and all out of ideas, any help would be great!!

Matt

.dts audio not playing

Reply #1
Sorry, I'm a little late....

My guess is, CyberDVD does not support DTS.  (I couldn't find anything called "CyberDVD.)

DVD players are not required to play DTS.  They are required to play LPCM and Dolby AC3, and all DVDs are required to have an LPCM or Dolby track.

The 1st track should be LPCM or AC3 (I can't remember if DVD-Lab calls this track 0 or track 1.)