Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2035408 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1525
The Amazon script is not working with umlauts/accents.
Thanks for that. I've updated the Amazon scripts with your suggested changes. I don't know whether this is something they've recently changed, or if it never worked properly, but in either case it should be working right now.

@dbkb: I'm afraid I don't have much to add to what's already been said. There is a small possibility that the issue you are seeing is graphics driver related - is there any chance it stopped working after you upgraded your drivers?

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1526
How can i get the same name as the .mp3 file?

A sample:

Ben Klock, Dettmann - Dawning - Original Mix.mp3

Ben Klock, Dettmann - Dawning - Original Mix.jpg

I tried: %title%, %track% etc. Nothing works!

Who can help me?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1527
How can i get the same name as the .mp3 file?

Sorry, but there is no way of doing this. In general, an album may consist of multiple mp3 files, and the filenames may not even be known to AAD (all you need to do a search is the album and artist name).

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1528
Thank you for the fast reply!

But how do you add covers to multiple mp3 files?

I'm trying to do this with mp3tag.

And what about album names with / ' ?  and other signs??
It changes to --> _

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1529
But how do you add covers to multiple mp3 files?
If you are talking about embedding artwork within mp3 files, AAD does not do that, it saves one cover file for one album. mp3tag can, though. A quick search threw up this: GeekTonic guide, but I'm sure there are others.

And what about album names with / ' ?  and other signs??
It changes to --> _
Yes, yes it does. All characters that are not allowed in filenames are replaced by _ instead.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1530
Thank you!

Will different characters support later?

I will also thank you very much for this program!!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1531
Will different characters support later?

Thanks for your comments. There's a feature request for that here: #2022984, if you want to track it. It hasn't been a priority for me, though. If you explain how you would want to use such a feature, it would help.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1532
Hello, It seems to me that "Include subfolders when searching for audio file" isn't working...

With the following filter: \%artist%\
  • %album%\*[/i][/b] and with the option mentioned checked files in \%artist%\
    • %album%\CD1\something.flac[/b] and \%artist%\
      • %album%\CD2\something.flac[/b] aren't found.

However if I change the filter to \%artist%\
        • %album%\*\*[/i][/b] it finds them ok. Maybe I'm missing the meaning of the "Include subfolders when searching for audio file" option but shouldn't AAD find the files with the first filter? (using 0.37.1)

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1533
It seems to me that "Include subfolders when searching for audio file" isn't working...

Perhaps this isn't as clear as it could be, I'll think if there is a better way it could be presented.

"Include subfolders" refers to the path specified in "Search for audio files in". Unless you only want to look for files directly in that folder, leave it checked.

The "Use file path pattern matching" box doesn't affect where files are searched for at all. It just affects how the album and artist name are determined from the path (as opposed to from tags within the music files themselves). Further, * in the pattern matches only within one level of folder or file name, %album%\* does not include album\cd1\something.flac. You can actually force a complete wildcard by using a regex fragment: ".*" (including " marks) so \%artist%\%album%\".*" would match anything at all, but probably not be what you want unless you prefixed it by the name of the parent folder, something like: \music\%artist%\%album%\".*"

If you don't need the name of the audio file to play any part in the matching process, you're probably better off matching just against folder names and not bothering with looking for files, it will be faster. You can do this by ending the pattern with a ., so \music\%artist%\%album%\. (where music is the name of the parent folder)

Easiest of all is to just use the tags from files option, but I suppose you've already tried that?

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1534
Ahh ok know I understand the meaning of the "include subfolders when..."  option, and thanks for the tip :-) the dot operator was exactly what I wanted to match my albums (including ones with more that one CD).

Yes I've tried searching based on tags but it is much much slower that way than when matching based on file/folder structure by way of regex.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1535
Bravo, excellent work! Save me from a lot of labor!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1536
The Amazon script is not working with umlauts/accents.
Thanks for that. I've updated the Amazon scripts with your suggested changes. I don't know whether this is something they've recently changed, or if it never worked properly, but in either case it should be working right now.

@dbkb: I'm afraid I don't have much to add to what's already been said. There is a small possibility that the issue you are seeing is graphics driver related - is there any chance it stopped working after you upgraded your drivers?

Alex

Thanks for the help.  FYI, it did turn out to be a graphics driver related issue.  I eventually found that something called SndTVideo had installed itself as a video device on my computer.  After removing that device, everything worked fine.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1537
Thanks for the help.  FYI, it did turn out to be a graphics driver related issue.
Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad you got it to work eventually!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1538
Hi,

I would like to report a bug with Album Art Downloader.

I use the program to download Album art automatically.If more than one music file is in the folder, then the album art jpeg file Folder.jpg gets overwritten again and again by different album arts. So the jpeg for only one music gets stored. So only the last music file in the folder has its jpeg successfully saved.

Any Help on this?

Thanks for the software!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1539
After working hours to find my almost perfect solution to pick up album art and include it into my mp3 files I decided to make up a little tutorial how I did it.
Because I'm really noob this maybe can be refined by others with more knowledge than me.

What you need:
Mp3Tag - latest version can be found here.
Album Art Downloader  - latest version can be found here.

Install both progs. For Album Art Downloader it may be required also to install the MS .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (except for Windows 7). During install choose your appropriate scripts for searching album art. Never mind to install all, you can choose later which of them you want to use.

Run AAD, leave all settings as is.
Open "File" -> "New" -> "Search Window..." click on Options.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1540
g.p.m.: Thank you for posting that detailed tutorial. I would like to include a copy of it on the Album Art Downloader Wiki, if that's OK by you?

If more than one music file is in the folder, then the album art jpeg file Folder.jpg gets overwritten again and again by different album arts. So the jpeg for only one music gets stored.

Naturally, only one file called Folder.jpg may exist in any one folder. If you need to have multiple art files in the same folder, you will need a more complex naming scheme. You could, for example, choose to include the artist and album name in the art filename. To do this, if you are starting from the File Browser, click the Options link, then in the "Path to find images" box, replace the contents with, for example: %artist%-%album%-Folder.%extension%

That would give you art files named like: "Muse-Absolution-Folder.jpg".

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1542
Hello! Can you please add scipt to support coverlandia.net ? Thanks!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1543
Hello! Can you please add scipt to support coverlandia.net ? Thanks!

Coverlandia is an interesting one. As most of the results will be fan-made covers, which is probably not what an average AAD user will be expecting, I won't be including this source by default. I will, however, make this script available here for those who do want fan-made covers: coverlandia.boo

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1544
When I search my mp3 library, using either AAD's Foobar Browser or AAD's File Browser, folders containing files named "AlbumArt*.jpg" are not recognized as containing artwork.  The result is always "Not Present" in the "Artwork Status" column.  Here's my search string:

Folder%preset%.%extension%|Cover%preset%.%extension%|AbumArt*%preset%.%extension%

I have lots of folders containing files with names like "AlbumArt_{4116F628-D72F-4CBB-8A26-B38C9C4340CF}_Large.jpg" that I've acquired through various means.  Only image files named "Folder.jpg" are successfully recognized by AAD, including in folders that contain "Folder.jpg" as well as "AlbumArt*.jpg".  I've also tested the case of renaming the file to just "AlbumArt.jpg" (stripping off the UID part), as well as changing the search string to just "AlbumArt.jpg"; doing either does not make any difference.

What am I doing wrong?  Everything I've read says that AAD should honor and correctly interpret the "*" wildcard character, as well as honor whatever filename pattern I specify, but it just doesn't seem to do so.  Any ideas on this problem?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1545
Here's my search string:

Folder%preset%.%extension%|Cover%preset%.%extension%|AbumArt*%preset%.%extension%

[...]
Any ideas on this problem?

If that's a copy and paste of your search string, then I think I see the problem. You've missed out the "l" in "AlbumArt". If that's not it, then I don't know why it isn't working. I've tested that search string here and it picks up the example filename you gave just fine.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1546
Here's my search string:

[...]

If that's a copy and paste of your search string, then I think I see the problem. You've missed out the "l" in "AlbumArt". If that's not it, then I don't know why it isn't working. I've tested that search string here and it picks up the example filename you gave just fine.

Alex

Alex -- Well I feel completely foolish    -- yes, that is a copy/paste of my string and I can't believe I misspelled "AlbumArt".  I stared at that string for so long, and yet I couldn't see the missing "l"!  Well, I'm at work now, but will certainly try your "fix" this evening.  Thanks for your graciousness!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1547
Here's my search string:

[...]

Alex

Alex -- Well I feel completely foolish    -- yes, that is a copy/paste of my string and I can't believe I misspelled "AlbumArt".  I stared at that string for so long, and yet I couldn't see the missing "l"!  Well, I'm at work now, but will certainly try your "fix" this evening.  Thanks for your graciousness!

Yep, just as you observed, AAD is not clever enough to work around my typos!

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1548
Great software and i have been using it for a while now with great results. One way that i think you could increase usability is if you could create an option and then enable a different way of saving images. For example, when i am saving front, back, cd and inside in to a specific folder where the music already is. I have to click save as then find the folder for each type of images. If i use the menu (front, back, cd, inside) it just saves it in to a c:\users directory. So if there was an option where you could click and then it changes the save preference so that each search it remembers the directory location of the first save after the search. That way i could make use of the front back inside right click context menu options.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1549
im not absolutely sure how to do that, but one small hint will be :

a doubleclick on the cover will save it the way you defined it in yor options.

my configuration:

Filebrowser: Use ID3 tags from file

path to image:  %type(Cover,Cover,Back,Inside,CD)%.jpg

the double Cover is for saving "unknown" artwork as default cover.jpg