Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Creating Japanese CD-Text (Read 1345 times) previous topic - next topic

Creating Japanese CD-Text

I am working on the CD-Text implementation of libcdio, a library many software audio players use to access audio discs.
For testing purposes, I have been looking for an example of CD-Text with Japanese characters.
The Redbook standard allows CD-Text to encoded with ASCII, ISO-8859-1 or Shift-JIS. But for obvious reasons nobody sells CDs with Shift-JIS - a Japanese charset - encoded CD-Text on it in Europe and nobody asks for it.
There are very few programs that claim to support Shift-JIS encoded CD-Text. The only ones I know of are Plextools XL and Peak Studio, a very expensive mastering software for Mac. I have tried Plextools but did not accomplish anything.

So if you
- own a CD with Japanese CD-Text
- have a Japanese Windows Operating System
- would like to try creating Japanese CD-Text with Plextools XL
- own a copy of Peak Studio
I would be very glad if you help me.

Regards
Leon