Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Visualizations not showing in Live Edit feature (Read 676 times) previous topic - next topic

Visualizations not showing in Live Edit feature

I am running the newest version of fb2k with Columns UI installed. I am trying to use the Live Edit feature to allow me to place the visualizations on there like I had previously, but only the spectrum analyzer is available. I have them all available via the view menu, but that only brings up the visualization in its own window and I can't see a way to dock that into the actual UI. Any help would be much appreciated.
“We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”

― H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

Re: Visualizations not showing in Live Edit feature

Reply #1
I think you have some things confused. Live edit is a default ui feature and has nothing to do with Columns UI. That's not how you place panels using Columns UI. Spectrum analyzer is indeed a columns UI visualization panel.
I'm not familiar with default UI but a quick test using default ui and layout editing mode using "add new ui element" and selecting any of the available playback visualization simply places the panel without issue. Available visualizations are oscilloscpe, peak meter, spectogram, vu meter and spectrum.

You don't need Columns UI. Make sure under Preferences - Display you have User interface module set to Default User Interface. Then simply add your UI element in live edit mode.