Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Weird problem with a single album (Read 2886 times) previous topic - next topic

Weird problem with a single album

I'm using a new colour scheme I stole from here. All of my albums conform beautifully to whatever colour code I inputted at the bottom of that linked page. For some reason, though, one album which is correctly tagged in every manner the same as my other albums, the Buzzcocks's Singles Going Steady does not work. It labels each individual song as it it were it's own album. I can't understand it. Each song is tagged perfectly, correct tracknumbers, etc.

Any ideas?

Reply #1
Without looking at the link you gave, it's possible that the config you're using automatically switches to single-track mode when it detects 'Singles' in the file's album field, path or somewhere else. I've had that "problem" myself.

You can try going through the config and seeing if you can disable this behaviour.

Reply #2
Without looking at the link you gave, it's possible that the config you're using automatically switches to single-track mode when it detects 'Singles' in the file's album field, path or somewhere else. I've had that "problem" myself.

You can try going through the config and seeing if you can disable this behaviour.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=371086"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm, that sounds like the likely culprit. I literally don't know how to code anything whatsoever beyond the beautifully crafted link I made in the first post, so I don't want to risk removing something I don't want to... Hmm, let me check it out though, thanks.

[edit] These are the only mentions of "SINGLES" I could find:

Code: [Select]
//Force single file (include this indicator in the name of your singles directory)
//Note: Already hardcoded: [includes: '=SINGLES=']
$puts(single_indicator,'singles')

That was under Columns_UI > Globals > Variables

[second edit] Alright, by removing that bit of code it fixed itself. Thanks for the help.

Reply #3
There is a singles "switch" in the code for the azrael theme you installed.  I think you just need to turn it off.

And thanks,  I put that little tutorial to help new folks work with foobar.

Reply #4
There is a singles "switch" in the code for the azrael theme you installed.  I think you just need to turn it off.

And thanks,  I put that little tutorial to help new folks work with foobar.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=371105"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ahh ok, I wasn't sure who the HA user was that posted that guide. Thanks, I appreciate it.

I did everything in that guide and then I switched a few things around because I don't use album art, so I don't use that or the track info views and I have the simple spectrum set up underneath my album list on the sidebar.