This is a different error. Discogs seems to have fixed the API problem from last week. This error is probably related to SSL certificates.... I would suggest searching this thread as it's probably been covered before.Discogs API using OAuth appears to be broken right now.
Have you tried Kid3?
Last post by IgorC -
Yep, there is nothing wrong with MP3. All right, it needs more bitrate but transparent point at ~170-192 kbps (LAME V3-V2) isn't that high price to pay for compatibility with certain hardware.
Last post by Signal Lost -
People don't seem to use media with their cars anymore. Or at least, much less than it was the case even three years ago.
I generally agree, however, I still find that simply plugging in a SD card or USB stick with MP3 into a car stereo is more convenient then placing a smartphone into the holder, organizing it's power supply, connections, wiring etc. Also, the audio controls on the wheel itself are very ergonomic. I have a blue tooth option (at least it says so on the screen), but could not pair my Xperia Z3 for some reason.
I was really hoping that AAC will make any other formats obsolete for me (including FLAC or other lossless), but when dealing with an older car stereos I still use mp3 and actually, don't mind it at all.
Here you go:
Core (2017-07-10 05:24:08 UTC)
Last post by Porcus -
IIRC, the OP has digitized old tape recordings, so there should be no HDCD.
foo_bitcompare can tell whether they are actually different.
If there are differences - and, assuming foobar2000 was used for conversion:
Open a .wav file in foobar2000, right-click, Convert, "..." and then see what was there upon last conversion: anything under "Processing" or "Other"?
(This could be checked without installing foo_bitcompare as well.)
If there is any ReplayGain under "Other" in the previous step, then that is the explanation.
One can also find ReplayGain tags this way: open one of the FLAC files in foobar2000. Right-click -> Properties. Click the Details tab and see if there is any ReplayGain information.
Working great again, thanks!
edit: Maybe something is still little fishy? I tried using file browser and it got two result straight away from Discogs, but didn't find anything on next 20 or so. Tags should be right because I've tagged these from Discogs originally.
edit2: Installed it again and same happened. Two results then blanks.
Noticed that on some songs I get from you tube, it takes the "you tube account" as writes on the "Artist Name".Yup, it is changed and this is the default behaviour now (see http://fy.3dyd.com/changelog/details/2_0.html#Metadata_construction_changes).
If one would like to bring back behavior from 1.x version, it can be enabled using option Enable clip title parsing rule from Features tab of component preferences. Note, to update info for already added tracks in this case (as well as after rule edit) now need just reload track info (e.g. using context menu Properties Metadata Tools Reload info).
Last post by bennetng -
I am not living in USA but $4.99 is insanely cheap! The cheapest one in Hong Kong should be iHAS124 from Lite-on which costs approximately $14 USD and it is one the the best ripping drives according to this post:
The plugin is not working. It installs alright and I can see its settings in preferences, but foobar keeps recognizing *.umx an corrupted or unsupported format. Foobar 1.3.6, Windows 8.1, I'm trying to play music from Harry Potter and Philosopher's Stone.
strange.. I checked my Unreal Tournament game folders.....
- Vorbis/.ogg for Unreal Tournament 2k4
- UT3 had a combined UPK file from the looks of it and could NOT open it...