Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [request] foo_pod for non-iPod mp3 players (Read 3674 times) previous topic - next topic

[request] foo_pod for non-iPod mp3 players

Is there a foobar plugin for general mp3 players and not just for iPod?

My drive shows up as a regular drive in Windows and there's two things I really want to do with foobar.

1.  Easily send a selection of songs or a playlist to a designated folder on the mp3 player.

2.  A shuffle-like auto-fill feature.  Something that just auto-fills from the database.  Maybe have a filter to exclude instrumental tracks or songs with certain metatags (lowly rated songs) but just a simple auto-fill from database is nice enough.

I've tried searching the forums and Google but it seems like there isn't a plugin for the non-iPod mp3 player yet.  Can anyone help?

Reply #1
Welcome to hydrogenaudio.
We have the "move/remame or COPY file" command, with "create subdirectory according to / and \ characters".

But I agree, a more configurable and flexible plugin will be handy!

Reply #2
This could be my next project, we will see.

Reply #3
This is already possible with foo_playlisttree by cwbowron. He has done a great job!

Reply #4
This is already possible with foo_playlisttree by cwbowron. He has done a great job!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=297916"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe, but I need a realy more simple utilities: simply select tracks -> right click -> send to a drive or folder, generating subfolders according to a tagz formatting string.
A copy command with some presets, from right click, like foo_quiktag.
Nobody will set up a foo_quickcopy? I tink it's not hard, but I'm not able to write code.

Reply #5
This is already possible with the masstagger. For example, I use this copy string:
Code: [Select]
$if(%artist%,$ifgreater($substr(%artist%,1,1),0,'#',$if($stricmp($substr(%artist%,1,4),'the '),$substr(%artist%,5,5),$substr(%artist%,1,1))),'U')/
$if(%artist%,$if($stricmp($substr(%artist%,1,4),'the '),$substr(%artist%,5,$len(%artist%)),%artist%),'Unknown Artist')/
$if($stricmp($substr($directory(%_path%,2),1,7),'Various'),'Various',$if(%__replaygain_album_gain%,$if(%tracknumber%,'('$if2(%date%,'????')') '%album%,'Various'),'Various'))/
$if($stricmp($substr($directory(%_path%,2),1,7),'Various'),%title%-%artist%,$if(%__replaygain_album_gain%,$if(%tracknumber%,$ifgreater(2,$len(%tracknumber%),'0'%tracknumber%,%tracknumber%)-%title%,%title%-%artist%),%title%-%artist%))
to transfer files to my iAudio M3L.

Something that keeps track of what's on the player vs. what's on the harddrive would be nice I suppose...

Reply #6
Thanks for the suggestions.  For now, I'm trying foo_playlist_tree (can't get the randomisation part working though) but I agree it's a bit overkill for the job.

No idea how to use that masstagger string to copy n MB of randomly selected songs to the mp3 drive though.