Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Kanye West launches "Stem Player": 8GB music player with 4 channel mixing option (Read 8291 times) previous topic - next topic

Kanye West launches "Stem Player": 8GB music player with 4 channel mixing option

His new album is exclusive to this new gadget.
Specs and info:

https://www.stemplayer.com/
XLD // ALAC // OGG VORBIS

Re: Kanye West launches "Stem Player": 8GB music player with 4 channel mixing option

Reply #1
Good, then nobody will have to hear it.

Re: Kanye West launches "Stem Player": 8GB music player with 4 channel mixing option

Reply #2
Quite apart from from anything else, that might be the ugliest PMP I've ever seen.

Reply #3
It is not nice.
Anyway do many people use portable music players these days.
It is years since I have seen anyone with a music player.

Reply #4
8 GB and no expandable storage and not even an LCD screen to browse your collection?  The thing is ugly, too.  That thing in 2022 is garbage, it might have been passable in the mid 2000's with the iPod shuffles but not today with the modern smartphones and android based players that love very large micro SD cards.

Reply #5
C'mon, it is the age of retro ... the question is only which retro. Iron Maiden will soon release this: https://www.ironmaiden.com/news/article/the-number-of-the-beast-40th-anniversary-cassette

Reply #6
C'mon, it is the age of retro ... the question is only which retro. Iron Maiden will soon release this: https://www.ironmaiden.com/news/article/the-number-of-the-beast-40th-anniversary-cassette

The tape is far less laughable to me as it's physical media.  If we're going for retro tech at least go for something that feels 2000's and add expandable storage or have decent internal storage if we're going to make portable players.  I had an 80GB iPod Video in 2006.  Why would I want an ugly looking 8 GB Kanye West player?  My FiiO X1 has a 128 GB micro.SD card inside.  My phone has a 256 GB micro SD card and 128 GB internal storage.

Reply #8
Quote from: stemplayer dot com
SPLIT ANY SONG INTO STEMS
Can we do that without buying the flesh puck?

And did Kanye draw the instructions?

Reply #9
Seems about as likely to succeed as Neil Young's Pono Player.

Reply #10
Because you love Kanye West.
You mean laugh at the fool and wonder how he even got famous in the first place?

Seems about as likely to succeed as Neil Young's Pono Player.
That player turned out to be snake oil.  The fact you could get a better player at the time that allowed for twice the storage at half or quarter of the cost depending on whether or not you had 128 GB micro SD card lying around really underscores how pointlessly expensive the Pono player was.

Reply #11
Because you love Kanye West.
You mean laugh at the fool and wonder how he even got famous in the first place?
He is laughing back, all the way to the bank.

No, of course "love Kanye West" was one of my bad jokes, but you missed the point: Artists sell merchandise to fans. Artists sell wooden-boxed limited editions.  Here Kanye West offers you to pay $200 for a player with his new album (exclusively, someone said?!) and the capabilities to remix it. Make your own version of the new Kanye West album. (Shockingly, HA users Porcus and Chibisteven are unwilling to pay $200 for the "apply gain" functionality even if it goes to negative infinity.)

Pono didn't have that. Well it had its own superior file format. No it didn't.

Reply #12
Someone is buying it.

$2.2million in Stem Player sales

But that is probably just loose change to him.

Reply #13
Good, I love Kanye! Good to see him controlling his output and not peddling it for pennies online.

Reply #14
  The fact you could get a better player at the time that allowed for twice the storage at half or quarter of the cost depending on whether or not you had 128 GB micro SD card lying around really underscores how pointlessly expensive the Pono player was.
Another feature this other player had is not having the incredibly awkward "oversized Toblerone" form factor, right?

Reply #15
Another feature this other player had is not having the incredibly awkward "oversized Toblerone" form factor, right?

Yes.  The FiiO X1 is like holding a small iPod that fits comfortably in your hand.

Reply #16
I was wondering are his fans paying $200 just to get hold of the album.
If so then maybe Neil Young missed a trick with his PonoPlayer by not including a new album with it at the time.

Reply #18
Informative video by an enthusiastic user:

Not my thing, but looks entertaining enough.

Reply #19
Looks cool, and relatively new as to the functionality it brings.

Reply #20
SUPPORTS:
.AIFF .AIF .FLAC .M4A .MP3 .WAV .WAVE .AAC .ALAC .MP4

Obliviously the web site created by someone who knows little about music.

Reply #21

Yes.  The FiiO X1 is like holding a small iPod that fits comfortably in your hand.

I mean, the Pono Player had a form factor that seems to me like it'd be superior to the traditional slab form factor when it comes to being held.  It also seems like the Pono Player would be a pain to put in a lot of pockets, especially pants pockets.

And I'm pretty sure a music player spends way more time in my pants than in my hands.

DISCLAIMER: I have neither seen a Pono Player in the flesh nor held one.

Reply #22
‘If Slipknot did that we’d be demonised’ ... and then Corey Taylor continues "but I guarantee people are looking at him like he’s a genius"

Well Corey ... the metal scene gets their consumers pay money to wear advertisements, how genius is that?
(*looks underneath my logo-printed hoodie* yep there's print on the tee too)

spends way more time in my pants than in my hands.
Ah, the joke about putting the "r" in "pono".

Reply #23
Hasbro should sue.

EZ CD Audio Converter / FLAC or WavPack