Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme (Read 170077 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #375
Hi TT, exited for the new update slept on the beta link before it got taken down.I got the setup you last hooked me up with but would like to know a way on how to swap the placements of the artists / album names (have albums on top while artists on the bottom) but still keep it displayed by the years they put the albums out.  reference -> https://ibb.co/ykGsmcn
Here's the view I have on rn
%album artist%|$nodisplay{%date%}%album%|[[%discnumber%.][%track artist% - ]%tracknumber%. ]%title%

Another quick question, is there a way to turn down the scroll speed if you are using a track pad? Make one quick scroll just one album row up or down instead of 2-3, thnx again for making the best foobar theme known to man

Reply #376
@Azemoth,

I'll post the final update for testing soon in the Github beta testing thread, after I've fixed some remaining bugs from the code changes.

@rawdog00,

You can flip the artist and album title in top menu Options > Library > Album art > Labels > Flip
To configure the scrollbar steps go to top menu Options > Player controls > Scrollbar > Playlist/Library/Biography > Mouse wheel scroll steps > 1 step.

-TT

Reply #377
Final beta update just released and available here.

First public release will be available soon on Github, after enough testing and feedback from all people
who are participating in the beta testing.

-TT

Reply #378
Sharing your core.cfg in the configuration folder and your library folder which wipes out everyone's core settings is abhorrent behaviour and I'd advise everyone about being careful not to extract those files.

It's not good enough to tell people to use a clean portable install just for your theme. People expect to use themes in conjunction with their original configurations without losing things like that.  :/

Reply #379
Hi @mark2k3,

sorry to hear if you've lost your core config, but I've always told people to make backups.
It's the first time I've heard that people are using only one foobar installation and putting all kinds of different themes in it.

You can of course do that, but why did you just not rename your old profile folder and then put mine from the zip in it?
Windows even asks if you want to replace all the files in the profile folder. If you would do it this way, it would be the same as
if you had multiple portable foobar installations, e.g profile-theme1, profile-theme2, profile-theme3 etc. And when you want to
change themes, just rename it back to profile.

The core config files are almost default, only added png file support in the album art setting for the playlist and
also users would not need the extra step to select and click on the first foobar startup the Columns UI popup setting.
I don't see nothing wrong with it, other themes are also using the same method and it's the easiest installation ever,
drag and drop and done.

-TT

Reply #381
I've done a clean installation, I only have some problems with the fonts (I've already installed fonts in Fonts folder -> Restarted the PC - Started foobar2000 Georgia-ReBorn Beta) and the font is not displayed correctly.

Edit: error with fonts is already fixed (my mistake). It's necessary to install the fonts for all users

well, also the rectangle/square where the labels are shown are below the CD/Vinyl Placeholder, is it possible to put them above the CD/Vinyl placeholder?

till' now everything is running good and smooth in performance, your skills and work is great Tom!

MOD Edit: Add thumbnail to oversize image.

Reply #382
Is this a bug or something is misconfigured from my side?

• Georgia-ReBORN_First Public Release v2.3.0

MOD Edit: Add thumbnail to oversize image.

Reply #383
Thanks for the reports @Azemoth!

fixed version in the Beta testing thread on Github.

If you find other bugs, can you please report it in the Beta testing thread on Github?
I want to have it clean here and I don't want to confuse other people since these bugs do not exist in the official Github version.

Thanks  :)

-TT

Reply #384
Thanks for the reports @Azemoth!

fixed version in the Beta testing thread on Github.

If you find other bugs, can you please report it in the Beta testing thread on Github?
I want to have it clean here and I don't want to confuse other people since these bugs do not exist in the official Github version.

Thanks  :)

-TT
That was fast! Thanks for the update-fix!
i forgot about to post Beta bugs at Github, sorry!

Reply #387
Some are already populated, but don't show up.

Reply #388
Some are already populated, but don't show up.
You need add into georgia-reborn-config.jsonc, this file is located in profile/georgia-reborn.

Open georgia-reborn-config.jsonc and search "metadataGrid": [, here you can add manually your special tags.

You can copy this code line:
{ "label": "Release Type", "val": "$if($strstr(%releasetype%,Album),,[%releasetype%])" },

Paste below/above where do you want add it and replace like this:
{ "label": "Country Discogs", "val": "%discogscountry%" },

that's all

Reply #389
hello, i really love this design but i have encountered a bug when using it with m-tags (not sure which extension is causing it)

if i use m- tags on native the problem doesn't seem to appear

when used with ReBORN the bug is the following:

the album artwork shows correctly in the top thumbnail but the first track doesn't show it

the problem doesn't extend to the rest of the subsequent tracks

but i did notice this change of background colour which i don't know if it's r related

if i check the song that doesn't show the artwork when playing another song it shows the album art as attached

however, if i check it while playing the song it shows it empty

i tried manually readding the artwork for the first track but it didn't work.

browsing the m-tags thread someone mentioned this problem and how to fix it. my problem remains because like i said i didn't encounter this problem in native and unfortunately in ReBORN the fix causes additional problems (it shows the artwork but it considers it part of separate album)

did anyone else encounter this problem? or have any idea what might be causing it?

Reply #390
Hi @lia,

I'm not familiar with m-TAGS so I've tried it out myself and I don't see any problems with Georgia-ReBORN at all.
Used latest foobar ( v1.6.11 ), the latest m-tags ( v1.2 ) and the latest available Georgia-ReBORN from Github ( v2.0.3b ).
Selected as described top menu File > m-TAGS > Create m-TAGS (in same folder).
This will create a !.tags file inside the album folder, when I open the file it has the same metadata tags as the music file itself.

Georgia-ReBORN prioritizes the load order of album cover, it will load the album cover in this order:
1. cover.jpg/png -> 2. folder.jpg/png -> 3. front.jpg/png that are in the album folder itself.
If these are non-existent, it will try to load the embedded artwork in the file itself.

I've removed the cover.jpg from the album folder and tried to embed different artwork images and all seem to display right
( track 01, track 02, track 03 etc... ), when I moved the cover.jpg in the album folder back and reload the theme, the cover.jpg
displays the cover.jpg in all tracks also.

Now the weird thing is that when I load the !.tags file in the Playlist it will NOT display the artwork for the first track as you've described.
When nothing plays and you right click on the first track 01 > Properties > Artwork the image is displayed as embedded but when you start playing the first track
it will not show as embedded in music file > Properties > Artwork.
If you do not drag the !.tags file in the Playlist but drag the music files directly in the Playlist, everything seems to work and display OK.
I've tried different themes and the problem still exist.

So in the end this is a m-TAGS bug and you should report it in the m-TAGS thread: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,97164.0.html
or contact the developer.

-TT

Reply #391
hello, i really love this design but i have encountered a bug when using it with m-tags (not sure which extension is causing it)

if i use m- tags on native the problem doesn't seem to appear

when used with ReBORN the bug is the following:

the album artwork shows correctly in the top thumbnail but the first track doesn't show it

the problem doesn't extend to the rest of the subsequent tracks

but i did notice this change of background colour which i don't know if it's r related

if i check the song that doesn't show the artwork when playing another song it shows the album art as attached

however, if i check it while playing the song it shows it empty

i tried manually readding the artwork for the first track but it didn't work.

browsing the m-tags thread someone mentioned this problem and how to fix it. my problem remains because like i said i didn't encounter this problem in native and unfortunately in ReBORN the fix causes additional problems (it shows the artwork but it considers it part of separate album)

did anyone else encounter this problem? or have any idea what might be causing it?
Maybe you could use MP3Tag for tag all your music collection. It's easy and fast.

For artwork i'm using one image into album folder called: Cover.jpg and there's no problem with Georgia-ReBorn

Reply #392
hello, i really love this design but i have encountered a bug when using it with m-tags
Maybe you could use MP3Tag for tag all your music collection. It's easy and fast.

m-tags is an external tags system designed not to alter the actual audio files at all (for example to keep verification against backups easier).
Recommending Mp3tag for that purpose is like recommending FLAC to someone who asks about floating-point audio.

Reply #394
@robertospeed,

Azemoth already answered this here on this page:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,121047.msg1013446.html#msg1013446

You just need to tag your music files properly and it will automatically show up in Details.
You can use the MusicBrainz plugin for tagging which is already preinstalled. Right click in the Playlist on an album
for context menu > Tagging > Get tags from MusicBrainz...

-TT

Reply #395
Btw guys,

another reminder to let you know, the action is happening in this thread here:
https://github.com/TT-ReBORN/Georgia-ReBORN/discussions/74

Just released Georgia-ReBORN v2.3.0 Beta 7.
Beta testing is nearly at the end, first public release will be released on Github soon.
I'll make an extra post once released, stay tuned!

-TT

Reply #396
@robertospeed,

Azemoth already answered this here on this page:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,121047.msg1013446.html#msg1013446

You just need to tag your music files properly and it will automatically show up in Details.
You can use the MusicBrainz plugin for tagging which is already preinstalled. Right click in the Playlist on an album
for context menu > Tagging > Get tags from MusicBrainz...

-TT

my audio files are all well-tagged, but they don't appear like that

Reply #397
Btw guys,

another reminder to let you know, the action is happening in this thread here:
https://github.com/TT-ReBORN/Georgia-ReBORN/discussions/74

Just released Georgia-ReBORN v2.3.0 Beta 7.
Beta testing is nearly at the end, first public release will be released on Github soon.
I'll make an extra post once released, stay tuned!

-TT
instead will the final Georgia-ReBORN version work well with the foobar v2 playlist?

Reply #398
my audio files are all well-tagged, but they don't appear like that

Well, you need to use the tags that are defined and displayed in the metadata grid.
If you want to see which ones they are, open foobar2000\profile\georgia-reborn\georgia-reborn-config.jsonc
and scroll to the "metadataGrid" section. The MusicBrainz component is writing these tags from their database catalog into your files.
You can also add it manually. Right click on an album in the Playlist/Library > Properties. Click on +add new and write each tag with value.

instead will the final Georgia-ReBORN version work well with the foobar v2 playlist?

Yes, old playlist are no problem. When you install fb2k v2 32Bit version and you put the Georgia-ReBORN's profile from the zip
file into foobar's root directory, you also need to put your "playlists-v1.4" folder into the profile folder before first startup ( important ).
Now when you first start foobar, it will automatically import your old playlists and convert/put them into the new playlists-v2.0 folder.

Only rating and playcount in the Playlist does not work in fb2k v2 due to the removed foo_playcount component.
Everyone should stick to the latest stable fb2k v1.6.12 until fb2k v2 x86 becomes final.
When it's official released, I'll update the playlist code to make playcount and rating work again.

For the fb2k v2 x64 version, let's also hope @TheQwertiest ( SMP ) and other devs release their components in x64,
this road will take a long time though...

-TT

Reply #399
Since SMP has fb.Version you can check for fb2k v2 doing this...

Code: [Select]
const is_fb2k_v2 = fb.Version.split('.')[0] == "2";

If you combine this with your foo_playcount check for v1, you know playback stats are available.

But just because playback stats are permanently available in v2, this doesn't mean the user wants to use them. You have to present a choice. What fun.