Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Some problem on qaac 2.55 (Read 7389 times) previous topic - next topic

Some problem on qaac 2.55

I encode some of my song to aac using latest qaac 2.55 and I copied it to android. But android won't recognize it bitrate. Android just put 0 in the kbps. But song that I encode using qaac doesn't have this problem. So is something wrong with qaac 2.55?
I will think about tomorrow's problem tomorrow

Reply #1
https://sites.google.com/site/qaacpage/news
[qaac] release 2.51
posted Jun 28, 2015, 6:44 AM by nu 774

Always write zero into avgBitrate field in esds decConfigDescriptor to be spec compliant. Was writing actual average bitrate before (this was automatically done by libmp4v2). The spec says that in case of VBR, is should be zero.

Reply #2
Is there a switch to turn it back on? I think there are people who like to see the actual bitrate...

Reply #3
Is there a switch to turn it back on? I think there are people who like to see the actual bitrate...

Use old version of qaac. I use qaac 2.49 to see the actual bitrate
I will think about tomorrow's problem tomorrow

Reply #4

By creating non-compliant files? Why qaac has to take care of non-compliant softwares, instead of fixing them?
Since the spec clearly says that the avgBitrate field shall be zero in case of VBR stream, a player that shows the bitrate of the file is responsible to take care of it. And actually, the average bitrate can easily be computed from stream size and duration (elementary school level arithmetic).

As far as I can see, softwares such as fb2k, winamp, quicktime player, and poweramp correctly show bitrate of the files encoded by qaac 2.51 or later.