Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 425869 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #500
I just updated from 1.1.2 to the newest version. I'm happy about the added tooltip but I am getting an error message every launch, when manually skipping tracks, stopping playback or closing fb2k. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help. I made a picture and saved the details (see attachment).
Translation of the Popup: "Unhandled exception in a component of the aplication. [...] The object reference wasn't defined on an object instance."
Thanks for any help.

Windows 10 x64 v.1703 (build 15063.296)

Reply #501
Hi AlanWake!
Please share your configuration file located in %AppData%\DeskbandControls folder.

Reply #502
Thanks for your quick response.
But I have to correct myself; launching foobar won't throw an exception, it's launchning Windows / the exlporer or simply un- and then repinning Deskband to the taskbar. It is also a slightly different message (pic1). Moreover, double click won't open foobar from tray and right click menu is missing "console" and "settings" (pic2) after pressing the popup's "OK". Reinstalling the component will fix this problem until reboot (but not the other one).
Is there a way to unistall the toolbar completely? Simply uninstalling the component in foobar2000 will still leave the toolbar in windows. The old version came with two files for installing and uninstalling it, but these aren't working after the update.
I also included my config, but using the default one had the same problems.

Reply #503
Firstly, thank you very much for your hard work on this excellent module. However, the new version/versions (it's been a while since I last installed Deskband) breaks functionality with foobar portable mode. Maybe I'm somehow doing it wrong, but some assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Reply #504
AlanWake - should be fixed in 3.3.2. Thank you for detailed report. Also, you can find relevant uninstall.cmd in the Program Files\DeskbandControls\ folder.

Hi Scylla. Please tell me more what exactly breaks and how would you like it to function. Keep in mind that DC integrates into explorer.exe which is a system component, so component setup must be launched for it to function properly. Also, all configuration is saved in AppData local folder due to the fact that deskband remains installed and available even after foobar2000 itself is removed from computer (e.g. portable flash drive removed).

Reply #505
Hi Scylla. Please tell me more what exactly breaks and how would you like it to function. Keep in mind that DC integrates into explorer.exe which is a system component, so component setup must be launched for it to function properly. Also, all configuration is saved in AppData local folder due to the fact that deskband remains installed and available even after foobar2000 itself is removed from computer (e.g. portable flash drive removed).

After installing the fb2k component, a cmd UAC requesting admin rights always launches together with foobar (not just the first launch after install). Even after that, Deskband Controls does not show up in the taskbar selection menu, where it used to be. This also happens when I manually extract the dll into foobar's components folder.

Am running the latest version of Windows 10, and foobar 1.3.15 portable.

Reply #506
Thank you very much! Works perfectly now.

Reply #507
Works like a charm. Thank you.
http://veg.by/z/2017-06-02-16-38-44-25993004.png
It would be nice to have an ability to make seekbar's visible height 2 pixels less, but make the clickable area 2 pixels bigger than the visible area. It will allow to seek while clicking on the most bottom pixels on the screen, and it will look better at the same time (in my case).

Reply #508
These settings can have names like "padding top/bottom". So, the position bar visually will be a bit smaller, but active area will be bigger. And it will be much easier to click on it while visually it can be just a few pixels tall.

Reply #509
For some reason I had to re-install windows 7 and now I can't figure out how to install this plugin.
Here is message I got:

DESKBAND CONTROLS
=======================

Welcome to the Deskband Controls installer.
Administrative permissions confirmed.
Installing to "C:\Program Files\DeskbandControls"...
6 File(s) copied
1 File(s) copied
The system cannot find the path specified.
Installation completed.
To enable deskband right-click on taskbar and select "Deskband Controls" from To
olbars submenu and play some music.

Greetings from Ukraine!
Enjoy!

Press any key to continue . . .

Reply #510
There is no DeskBand Controls in Toolbars submenu even after restarting windows explorer manually

Reply #511
Have you install .NET Framework 4 or later?

Reply #512
After installing service pack 1 it works!
I think I had NET Framework before when it didn't work

Reply #513
* Version 3.3.3
  + Added top/bottop padding settings for trackbars.
  - Context menu text now trims at 70 characters.

Reply #514
Thank you. A really useful feature :)

Reply #515
AlanWake - should be fixed in 3.3.2. Thank you for detailed report. Also, you can find relevant uninstall.cmd in the Program Files\DeskbandControls\ folder.

Hi eldarien, I have managed to fix my issue after noticing the deskband installation procedure as per the following:

For some reason I had to re-install windows 7 and now I can't figure out how to install this plugin.
Here is message I got:

DESKBAND CONTROLS
=======================

Welcome to the Deskband Controls installer.
Administrative permissions confirmed.
Installing to "C:\Program Files\DeskbandControls"...
6 File(s) copied
1 File(s) copied
The system cannot find the path specified.
Installation completed.
To enable deskband right-click on taskbar and select "Deskband Controls" from To
olbars submenu and play some music.

Greetings from Ukraine!
Enjoy!

Press any key to continue . . .

The solution is embarassingly simple, which is to launch foobar.exe in admin mode...

Once again, thanks for your hard work on this plugin  :)

Reply #516
I love Deskbank Controls! Only foobar plugin i was impressed enough with to log in and thank the dev for so far...

Only complaint, I would love to change the scroll speed below 10. That is all i would change.

Reply #517
One of my favorite, must-have foobar2000 plugins!
Really great share. Thanks!

J.

Reply #518
sorry it works!

Reply #519
Could we get text shadow? Or at least a background color for the non-FoatingWindow mode?

Reply #520
Maybe :) Do you have a specific use case? Please do share..

Reply #521
Maybe :) Do you have a specific use case? Please do share..
Yes, I'm using a tool called Classic Start Menu to make the taskbar color fully transparent. Sadly, the wallpapar I'm currently using is a bit bright behind DeskBand, so the text is hard to read. And changing the text color would ruin the look ^^

Reply #522
I Need Help, after installing this component i don't know how to make it work, can you tell me how to activate it?

Reply #524
There is a memory leak in this plugin, which is very annoying as I have to constantly restart explorer.exe in order to get my memory back. It happens gradually over time after it plays a bunch of songs, and it's really noticeable when you remove and add the deskband constantly from the taskbar. Can you please fix this?