Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any good tagging programs? (Read 5472 times) previous topic - next topic

Any good tagging programs?

I was wondering if anyone knows of any really good tagging programs because I use Tag & Rename 3.2 and I'm just getting fed up with it.  Thanks.

Reply #1
mp3tag
we was young an' full of beans

Reply #3
There are goodness-knows how many threads about this.  I guess it may be difficult to find them by searching.

AFAIR the general favourites are:
  • foobar's Masstagger
  • MP3Tag
  • Tag & Rename
  • The Godfather
Take a look at pepoluan's link to the wiki for URLs.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #4
I found some mp3 tagging tools on Sourceforge, Mp3 Tag Tools and EasyTag. For EasyTag is needed GTK+ runtime which i dont know how to install, but that tool seems much better than Mp3TagTools. Both of them dont require installation.
Open Source is the only source!

Reply #5
I found some mp3 tagging tools on Sourceforge, Mp3 Tag Tools and EasyTag. For EasyTag is needed GTK+ runtime which i dont know how to install, but that tool seems much better than Mp3TagTools. Both of them dont require installation.

A link for downloading GTK+ library is just below the Easytag win32 download link.

Reply #9

A link for downloading GTK+ library is just below the Easytag win32 download link.

I've downloaded it but i dont know how to install, it needs to be compiled....with what, how...where   

anyway....it is not important anymore...im using another program
Open Source is the only source!

Reply #10
I have high hopes for the next version of MusicIP Mixer, which should have tagging based on acoustic fingerprints and use the MusicBrainz DB (and hopefully the FreeDB as a backup). Manual tagging is just not a viable solution for a large collection.

Reply #13
AutoTag

based on foosic.org DB.

foosic is an automated music database and a playback statistics tracking system.

foo_sic.dll for foobar2000.