Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491621 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #575
I have been using DynamicDSP v2 with the EBU R128  Compressor for quite a long time and I have not encountered any problems with my normal foo_youtube set-up. You could try switching to foobar2000 for media downloading in preferences\youtube source\audio to see if that makes any difference.

But the problem sounds similar to this and this. That issue was resolved a long time ago by an update to DynamicDSP. So the only other thing I can suggest is to make sure that you are using either the updated DynamicDSP or DynamicDSP v2 that I linked. If you are just using the EBU R128  Compressor that should work fine, but again it is worth trying switching to foobar2000 for media downloading to see if that makes a difference.

HTH

Reply #576
the problem is exactly the one described in those 2 links, i tried both DynDSP and DynDSP v2, but nothing has changed.
changing media downloading from foo_youtube to foobar2000 in youtube source preferences seemed to work after restart... but it is not. the silence could last from 0,5 to 4 secs on the same track, in different moments. this is making me crazy.
i will try again later or tomorrow.

thx.

Reply #577
sorry i couldnt edit last msg.

@WilB the volume is fine, but i need to fix, if possible, the glitch happening at the end of each track. looking at the seekbar i can see it goes silence for 3-4 secs, then it goes back whre the silence began and play it again  till the end of the track.

Just use crossfader in DSP(200ms or higher), should work...

Reply #578
it worked! thx!

Reply #579
New version 1.12

Changelog:
- changes in tagging mechanism. All metadata now threats as custom metadata (i.e. mirrored in tech fields and searched only there). Metadata filling in regular case now goes only on track add: _if_ track does not exist yet then used meta overriding _or_ title parsing rule. After this the clip URL changes to - and stores in - the canonical form that planned to be used as a key in the storages of common clip data (already working example of one of these - thumbnails cache). This is a step toward the switch in further versions to custom database storage for properties (all these properties which currently are stored in tech fields)
- option for video frame show/hide was separated to two options (for show and for hide), provided actions was extended. 'Manual' there means that appropriate action will never be initiated automatically i.e. can be initiated only manually by the user. 'Hide after first track' means hide at end of the current track whatever the track type is. 'Hide after last video track' means keep it visible while the site clips are playing and hide if playback was switched to any other track type or if playback was stopped
- option to control mouse auto-hide in video frame
- option to initially turn on subtitles. Will turn on only embedded subtitles (i.e. lyrics from foo_uie_lyrics3 are not taken into account in this case)
- option for selecting fullscreen monitor i.e. which monitor to use when video enters full screen mode. Available only for multi-monitor environment. Can be selected explicit monitor or 'Current' which means monitor where the video frame was placed before going to full screen
- video-related titleformatting fields. Added %video_playback_state% ('Opening...', 'Stopped' etc) and %video_file_stats% (quality info of the video selected for playback). Video frame fallback text now generates only using titleformatting. Option to turn it off removed (specify empty rule instead this)
- video turn on/of without restart. Playback restart on next track still goes only when video is enabled so after turn on it may be unsynchronised
- in video context menu added command to stop video without window close. Also at manual video reopen (through Source popup menu in video context menu) now can be selected previously selected quality
- prevent monitor turn off while video is playing. Can be disabled through component Advanced preferences
- video support for m-TAGS files. Thus both audio and video playback in these files are available now. Album Art absence does not relate to component. Other features refer to custom tech fields, m-TAGS ignores tech info fields ('by design') so they will not be available
- removed switch to runtime config in LAV Filters (as not required currently). In terms of usage this means that LAV Filters will use current settings instead of default so now can be used H/W decoding as well as other embedded LAV Filters features
- respect foobar2000 quiet mode
- fixed inability to play clips after several hours of the first time when they was opened. Background: The info displayed in 'Youtube Source - History' intended not only for theoretical purposes. Since some version ago it represents analysis cache - several recent clips for which URLs to media files already determined and will not be determined again if these clips will be opened. It had no expiration control so after some time the info becomes outdated and refuses by the server. Now this is fixed, the info has lifetime period (which can be changed though Advanced component preferences)
- fixed crash at opening in specific case and freeze at opening in two other specific cases

Reply #580
New version 1.12

- option to initially turn on subtitles.

Thank you very much for the subtitle on/off option.
Your great foo_youtube makes my foobar life more enjoyable.

Reply #581
Im not sure why I Cant see any video after last update, image of my settings.

I tested around with many settings and I could not get it to work.

When I installed the new patch, I had the "video window" but it never played any videos. So fiddled around and then it closed the video and now there is no way for me to get the window back it seems.

Running windows 7x64

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Also seems like all my tracks in the list, each time I play the tracks now, it dont remember the names of the songs. and lenght of song.
Like the "Properties are resetted by each song. So all time I spent renaming songs and doing other extra settings are now gone.

Reply #582
I had a black video window after updating to 1.12

Uninstalling LavFilters x64 version that was installed in my system and installing x32 version only solved my problem.

Maybe a conflict with the improvements in the changelog:
"usage this means that LAV Filters will use current settings instead of default so now can be used H/W decoding as well as other embedded LAV Filters features"

I now enjoy H/W acceleration with this improvement.

Reply #583
Hmm..

Seems like all old songs I had in the playlist is not working with video.
But any new song I add to the playlist works.

Also the new added songs I can edit and it saves the settings.
But if I play any of the old songs, then all info I had edited is reset, and even if I edit them again and save them it resets each time I play them.

But any of the new songs I edit they are saved info,even if I play the songs.

Reply #584
Confirmed. This refers to the songs whose paths contain not canonical URL. I'll make fix not later than tomorrow.

Reply #585
New version 1.12.1

Changelog:
- fixed inability to play video or edit tags for the tracks with not canonical URLs

Reply #586
New version 1.12.1

Changelog:
- fixed inability to play video or edit tags for the tracks with not canonical URLs

Just download the new update, everything is working fine.  Thank you so much for your hard work.

Reply #587
Hi,

I found one issues (if this is not expected behavior) :

The first is about the search feature, some videos are not returned in the results, it seems to be related to captions.
For example, searching the text "Fragilité LoLienne (parodies d'animes)" does not return the video "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LCSzaVCLlA" if the "Features" "CC" is not enabled
(Adding the video manually works, it's only related to the search feature) (I use integrated search panel with these settings: Order by "relevance", Destination: "Library Viewer Selection")

The second issue is minor: sometimes, I see a negative "uploaded" field in a video properties. This video has also this issue ("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LCSzaVCLlA"), the uploaded date is "-1437955200". The correct value is same without negative sign (1437955200).
This seems to occur only when adding the video manually (via the menu File -> Add location) and when the video properties has not been already cached.

anyway, thanks for your updates

Reply #588
Seems useful plugin, thanks. I get the problem that I can't get it working, (I used foo_youtube_1.12.1_preconf_audio) it find the stuff I'm looking for and after that I click on it and it loads endless, if I press the stop button it still loads so that I must the fb2k process. Maybe I have a wrong configuration or something like that but I use the defaults (win10 x64 + latest stable 1.38 fb2k).  According to the document it should work just out-of-the-box.

Btw I'm using MPC-HC which comes wih lavfilters, is it possible to detect this version so that I don't need to install an separate version? And a similar problem with xy-vsfilters, I'm using the same x64 version (also because MPC-HC) which will be not detected, I guess because it's x64.dll. So a workaround would be good or to include this into your packages.

Console:
Code: [Select]
init groups delay = 8 ms /handleList count=26 
init groups delay = 5 ms /handleList count=26
Opening track for playback: "youtube.com/watch?v=rDnUIXF2ly8"
Opening track for playback: "youtube.com/watch?v=b2Zcym44dBQ"

Config:
fb2k 1.3.8, fy 1.12.1, preconf-id: audio2
Start: fast1, quality: best, ignore: m4a;flv, priority: opus;ogg, prefer-ao: yes
Quality-other: audio-bitrate 50 kbps, ignore: flv, priority: , prefer-ao: yes
Downloading: foo_youtube, decode-ff: mp4;m4a;webm;ogg;opus;flv;3gp
FFmpeg: Lavf 56.40.101, Lavc 56.60.100, Lavu 54.31.100, SwR 1.2.101
Search-ac: yes, album-art: yes, remove-black: yes, limit: 100, proxy: no
Video: no
Temp-dir: :default:, m4a-seek: no, inet-retry: 5/2000/20

Thanks for help!

Reply #589
The first is about the search feature, some videos are not returned in the results, it seems to be related to captions.

Thanks for clue. Yes, when 'CC' is off, it searches only videos without subtitles instead of searching any videos. This is not expected behavior and will be fixed.

The second issue is minor: sometimes, I see a negative "uploaded" field in a video properties. This video has also this issue ("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LCSzaVCLlA"), the uploaded date is "-1437955200". The correct value is same without negative sign (1437955200).
This seems to occur only when adding the video manually (via the menu File -> Add location) and when the video properties has not been already cached.

Yes, this happens only on manual adding and this is expected. You see value of tech info fields which are used by component internally. Accessing via %3dydfy_uploaded% will still give correct results. Component uses negative value to indicate (for itself) that this info is incomplete. In case of manual adding there are no way to retrieve upload date+time (without API request but I'd prefer do not waste it just for this one thing), only date can be retrieved.

Seems useful plugin, thanks. I get the problem that I can't get it working, (I used foo_youtube_1.12.1_preconf_audio) it find the stuff I'm looking for and after that I click on it and it loads endless, if I press the stop button it still loads so that I must the fb2k process.

It's just a guess, but do you use NOD32 ver.9?

Btw I'm using MPC-HC which comes wih lavfilters, is it possible to detect this version so that I don't need to install an separate version? And a similar problem with xy-vsfilters, I'm using the same x64 version (also because MPC-HC) which will be not detected, I guess because it's x64.dll. So a workaround would be good or to include this into your packages.

It is impossible to use 64-bit binaries in any 32-bit program and foobar2000 is 32-bit. Also AFAIK MPC-HC uses internal LAV Filters which are not registered in the system. So there are no correct way to find them.

Reply #590
It's just a guess, but do you use NOD32 ver.9?

I'm with stupid, yes on my test machine, I disabled it and viola it works. Don't know it that is because SSL scanning feature but I will made an exclusion. Btw. maybe we / you can add such a notice, just in case to help other peoples in the document.
On my other machine without any AV I solved it because it was an old .ini (removed it and replaced with yours and also works now). Thanks!

It is impossible to use 64-bit binaries in any 32-bit program and foobar2000 is 32-bit. Also AFAIK MPC-HC uses internal LAV Filters which are not registered in the system. So there are no correct way to find them.

Okay, thanks for this information. I once saw on an other discussion thread that we may get an x64 build soon (was from 2011...). So, sadly no new hope on it. But anyway is it possible then that you add the x86 files into your packages to get it easier out-of-the-box working with less user interaction (if possible?). 

Again many thanks for the quick feedback!

Reply #591
Don't know it that is because SSL scanning feature but I will made an exclusion. Btw. maybe we / you can add such a notice, just in case to help other peoples in the document.

I also nod32 user and switched back to v8 for a while. There are nothings special related to SSL or similar security stuff. V9 just have problem in filesystem monitoring module, so component stucks at working with regular files (just temp files created for its own purposes in Windows temp directory). AFAIK this will be fixed in further nod32 modules micro-updates. It relates only to v9 and only if filesystem protection is turned ON (specifically scan on file creation/open). On component side - it relates to all component versions and variants.

But anyway is it possible then that you add the x86 files into your packages to get it easier out-of-the-box working with less user interaction (if possible?).

preconf_video variant already has LAV and xy-VSFilter inside. Like MPC-HC it also uses local filters without need to register them in the system.

Instead of manual replace ini, better to install particular variant in usual way and (if still have some problems) reset component settings pages.

Reply #592
Hi, first time here on this forum, thanks to all the devs who worked on this plugin. I use it almost every day.

Anyway, the other day all of a sudden most of my songs in my playlists started giving me a 403 error. I saw in these forums that this used to be an issue in earlier versions but was fixed, so I upgraded to 1.12.1 (from 1.11.x, iirc) and it still didn't fix my problem.

Was wondering if anybody could help me figure out this issue, as I'm unable to listen to 90% of my playlists currently.

Thanks in advance

Reply #594
Hi, first time here on this forum, thanks to all the devs who worked on this plugin. I use it almost every day.

Anyway, the other day all of a sudden most of my songs in my playlists started giving me a 403 error. I saw in these forums that this used to be an issue in earlier versions but was fixed, so I upgraded to 1.12.1 (from 1.11.x, iirc) and it still didn't fix my problem.

Was wondering if anybody could help me figure out this issue, as I'm unable to listen to 90% of my playlists currently.

Thanks in advance

Same here, since 2-3 days 90% of playlist started to throw out:

Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: Server error (code #403)):
"youtube.com/watch?v=YbAhn7iKLPc"

The only unusual thing that shows in log:

06:04:53, #01,     WARNING: Page analysis, Write completion error
06:04:53, #01,     Total time consumed: 0.827 seconds
06:04:53, #01,     Ready
06:04:53, Activity#1 (audio.play): MP4 720p 1280×720 | M4A 44100Hz Stereo 192kbps
06:04:53, Activity#1: Retry after 2000ms (#1/5):
06:04:55, Activity#1: Retry after 2000ms (#2/5):
06:04:57, Activity#1: Retry after 2000ms (#3/5):
06:04:59, Activity#1: Retry after 2000ms (#4/5):
06:05:01, Activity#1: Retry after 2000ms (#5/5):
06:05:04, Activity#1 removed (lifetime 10.920s)

Reply #595
403 error fixing now, should be today.

@widerock
Font size is up to VSFilter, but currently component resets its settings to default before using it, this need for managing which subtitles to show initially. I'll check if this can be done without reseting.

Reply #596
New version 1.12.2

Changelog:
- do not prevent xy-VSFilter icon from showing in system tray. Also added 'Configure' menu item to subtitles popup menu in case system tray icon is disabled in xy-VSFilter settings. So subtitles appearance can be configured now through xy-VSFilter property pages
- fixed 403 error
- fixed youtu.be URLs. They was wrongly threated as feed URLs
- fixed searching without CC flag. Previously instead of search for any video it was restricted to videos without CC

Reply #597
Thanks  for fixing the 403s. Unfortunately a couple of bugs seem to have been  introduced. I hope you can fix them.

Metadata  overriding seems to be broken with some urls,  resulting in incorrect artist and titles. For me  the following urls fail if pasted directly into the add locations  dialogue box for a simple test.

3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Deep%20Blue%20Day&3dydfy_alt_length=239&fb2k_artist=Brian%20Eno&v=mZnRe6e20xE
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Office&3dydfy_alt_length=253&fb2k_artist=DJ%20Bodo&v=aqFxY4CLvEQ
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Fallin'%20In%20Love&3dydfy_alt_length=298&fb2k_artist=La%20Bouche&v=X-Z-yKcXwtw
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=With%20Our%20Love&3dydfy_alt_length=211&fb2k_artist=Talking%20Heads&v=PMHA4UeWXE8
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Miracle%20Man&3dydfy_alt_length=214&fb2k_artist=Elvis%20Costello&v=Uacxy1gQUYY
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Jerkin'%20Crocus&3dydfy_alt_length=241&fb2k_artist=Mott%20the%20Hoople&v=bQXcwogHe6g

Some  urls with metadata overriding are correctly loaded. It seems these have an exact match for " -  " in the original youtube title.

The add locations box has started appearing. It seems that processing by the  component occurs before addition to the playlist with some urls resulting in  the said appearance. This is with metadata overriding enabled. An example url that shows this for  me on first addition to a playlist is:

3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Orange%20Crush&3dydfy_alt_length=231&fb2k_artist=R.E.M.&v=_mSmOcmk7uQ

If you need more info please let me know.

Reply #598
Sorry, it was quite quick fix so some things seems have been left unattended. I will be able to check (and fix I think) this issue tomorrow.

Reply #599
The latest update fixed the 403s, thanks a ton!