Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hello about 2xRCA(2 speakers) + HDMI(2 speakers) = quadrophonic? (Read 2149 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello about 2xRCA(2 speakers) + HDMI(2 speakers) = quadrophonic?

I have 2xrca from pc to stereo sound system and HDMI from pc to to Toshiba tv.
 sound card which output the rca is realtek with newest drivers.
 HDMI port which output to tv is NVidia gtx 770 hdmi port.

Well maybe some modded drivers players,software or other creative ways to find the right setup so I will get ***QUAD*** :) will be appreciated.

Thanks and have a nice day there. ;)

Re: Hello about 2xRCA(2 speakers) + HDMI(2 speakers) = quadrophonic?

Reply #1
I'm not sure and it depends on what you mean by quad.   There is a simple way of wiring one or two rear speakers without the ground to extract the difference signal (similar to a vocal removal effect but without any software or special hardware).    But this is "not authorized" and there is a chance of damaging your amplifier.   BTW - That wiring without the ground is for passive speakers, not "powered" computer speakers or active monitors.

In general, an application can only send the audio to one output, but with Virtual Audio Cable (or something similar) you might be able to send the audio to the analog audio port and the HDMI port at the same time.  That's not really quad, but you could drive two pairs of speakers.   

Or, the TV probably has analog outputs that carry the analog version of whatever's coming-in through the HDMI port, so you can plug your "rear channel" system into the TV.

Realistically, the best solution is to get a home theater receiver.   They all have various Dolby Pro Logic Soundfield modes so for example you can send delayed reverb to the rear speakers.      There are also inexpensive 5.1 channel soundcards with the Dolby effects or something similar.

Reply #2
I have 2xrca from pc to stereo sound system and HDMI from pc to to Toshiba tv.
 sound card which output the rca is realtek with newest drivers.

Forget them - they have nothing of interest to good multichannel.

HDMI port which output to tv is NVidia gtx 770 hdmi port.

It has everything that you want.

Well maybe some modded drivers players,software or other creative ways to find the right setup so I will get ***QUAD*** :) will be appreciated.

Send the HDMI  to a surround processor or multichannel AVR. Set it according to your speaker arrangement.   done.
Thanks and have a nice day there. ;)

Reply #3
Well i found a way of doing that using only software...
Mixing 2xrca(sound card ports) + Hdmi(Gtx 770 to Tv's 2 speakers) ---> True quad 4.0 sound.
Who is interest of info of how to work this out pvt me.

Thanks and have a nice day :)