Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist) (Read 251798 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: SimPlaylist (foo_simplaylist)

Reply #400
Now that I've tried the stock playlist on version 2 I gotta say the the ability to assign playlist views to specific playlists is a huge game changer for me.

Honestly, I love the unique features that SimPlaylist has but there's only a handful of them (group stats, sub-groups, sticky group headers when scrolling, etc). It would be better if the stock playlist just incorporated these few handful of SimPlaylist features rather than reviving (and maintaining) a dead component.

Reply #401
+1 for me for subgroups also please.

Also for the ability to not show the blank line when a there isn't a group (like no %discnumber%). Simplaylist just works.

100% to both of these. Subgroups are such an important part of foobar2000 for me now, working so nicely in as they do in SimPlaylist.
The sticky group headers when scrolling are also brilliant.

I just tried out Playlist Views in version 2 and they are indeed nice, but they're missing these features from SimPlaylist.

Reply #402
11 years on I still use SimPlaylist! ...
Me too. I'm hoping for a ReSimPlaylist...  ;)

+1 for this, at least the ability to create subgroups.

+1 for me for subgroups also please.

Also for the ability to not show the blank line when a there isn't a group (like no %discnumber%). Simplaylist just works.

Not to needlessly +1 but this is also a big reason I still use SimPlaylist. And with the 2.0 release moving to 64-bit losing this plugin will be annoying for me. Simply having the small extra features it has (namely hiding empty subgroup names and sticky subgroup headers) would be great to have in the stock playlist component, or some other actively maintained 3rd party component like Columns UI.

Reply #403
Now that I've tried the stock playlist on version 2 I gotta say the the ability to assign playlist views to specific playlists is a huge game changer for me.

Honestly, I love the unique features that SimPlaylist has but there's only a handful of them (group stats, sub-groups, sticky group headers when scrolling, etc). It would be better if the stock playlist just incorporated these few handful of SimPlaylist features rather than reviving (and maintaining) a dead component.

I agree. We need groups, aggregate stats, and sticky headers in the default playlist.

Reply #404
I also totally agree.
My tagging of classical music does only work with SimPlaylist.

Reply #405

I agree. We need groups, aggregate stats, and sticky headers in the default playlist.
I agree with this. Or porting SimPlaylist to 64Bits Foobar2000

Reply #406
Please add Dark Mode theme support

Reply #407
...Or porting SimPlaylist to 64Bits Foobar2000

Yes! Please!... Someone?

Reply #409
Very sad. I hope someone will make an alternative.

Reply #410
I just upgraded to x64 Foobar and realized simplaylist wasn't going to work.  I'm going to miss that one, and I also hope there will be a way to get a x64 version.

Reply #411
Yes, does anyone have an alternative suggestion for x64 at this stage?

Reply #412
For me, the killer feature of SimPlaylist was the rating column.  You can see the number of stars and update them with one click. 
You can still update stars in v2 using a tagging plugin, but it is a more complicated process.

At first I thought that foo_playcount would be able to address this, but it looks like it saves to its own database instead of setting metadata on the audio file itself.

Does anybody know if the source code for simplaylist is available?  Maybe I or someone else can work it into a new plugin.
Or if anyone knows another way to do a simplaylist style rating column in FB2K V2, let me know.

Reply #413
Is possible to prevent the "duration" of the track to be truncated, like is in the image?

Reply #415
Drag the column header to make it wider.
Still  cut part of the number. Perhaps needs an align "center".

*Yes, created a custom column with the same name and aligned "center".