Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: no Output card in Playback  (Read 754 times) previous topic - next topic

no Output card in Playback

On my hp compaq 6720S notebook with Windows 7 Ultimate I installed Foobar2000 V 2.0 and connected a DAC SMSL DO200 with the relative driver. The "Output" card does not appear in Foobar. I need an Help . Thank you

Re: no Output card in Playback

Reply #1
That product seems to have very little details about its requirements and functionality on the manufacturer's homepage. But the latest drivers from their homepage tells Windows 7 isn't supported. So what drivers exactly are you using with that device?
Do you see the device listed as a sound card in Windows' Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers?

Reply #2
Windows 7 is supported by SMSL DACs with an appropriate driver that once installed in Windows is shown as 2-SMSL USB DAC.
My question arises from the fact that I can reproduce audio files with Foobar but the DAC DO 200, which has a display on which the sampling frequency is displayed, always shows 44.1 KHz even with higher sampling files, for example 176.4.
In the Window 7 audio settings tab in the "advanced" tab of the "Pop arities of the speakers", "predefined format" I see 44.1/16 bit formats at 192 kHz/24 bit. If they select a format called "professional quality", for example 192 khz, the frequency appears correctly on the display.
It is as if Foobar sent the information of the value set as the pre -defined instead of the real frequency. Thank you for any help

Reply #3
The default output method in foobar2000 plays audio at the resolution specified in Windows mixer. If you want the output frequency to change to match the material you are playing, you will need to use exclusive mode WASAPI or ASIO output.
Exclusive mode WASAPI is supported out of the box. These are the output devices with "[exclusive]" text at the end of their names. For ASIO support you'll need to install foo_out_asio.

Reply #4
Grazie. Thank you