Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Helpful Gap Settings and Cue Sheet Reference (Read 9490 times) previous topic - next topic

Helpful Gap Settings and Cue Sheet Reference

For those that have been as confused as I have been about gap settings and cue sheets (maybe I'm the only one  ), I found the follwing page on the wiki

http://doc.hydrogenaudio.org/wikis/hydrogenaudio/GapSettings

that cleared up a lot of my questions about how to make an EXACT copy of CD.

Reply #1
Is the only point of a cuesheet is so that at a later date you can recreate the CD and burn it?

Does the cuesheet have anything to do with tagging.

Reply #3
Sorry to aside from your tagging question but - does anyone know how to assemble a cue sheet from a CDDB query? I know it's not exact - but for some things it'll do when there is no other choice... any ideas?

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #4
Is the only point of a cuesheet is so that at a later date you can recreate the CD and burn it?

Does the cuesheet have anything to do with tagging.

I actually use .cue sheets as playlists for multiple file ripped albums.  If you use foobar2000, you can store the replaygain information right into the .cue sheet so you don't even have to add it to the tag information of whatever files you want to replaygain.

Reply #5
windmiller, To me, the ability to playback the ripped album and it be identical to how the disc was cut makes the listening experience that much better. Also to be able to re-create the album perfectly, complete with CD-Text, lessens any worries.
And for single-file albums, cue sheets are incredible, allowing individual playback of songs including correct timing of gaps.

They are also the easiest/most convenient method of collecting a discs UPC and ISRC codes, that I'm aware of.

As for tagging, IIRC, there is limited support of using cues as a source for tagging from a few programs (nothing comes to mind, though I guess foobar could be considered as one, and probably the most robust).

Cue sheets are able to store a great amount of meta-data which is a nice feature. I've made a list (off the top of my head) of what can be stored below.
  • UPC/EAN #
  • Artist
  • Album
  • Track #
  • Track Title
  • ISRC #
foobar2000 extension(s):
  • Replay Gain
Further extensions: foo_cue_ex by WigBaM
  • Genre
  • Date
  • Comment
From WigBaM's post here, today.
foo_cue_ex updated to version 1.3
Added playlist->CUE export/saving feature
Link

rc55, you may want to try:
freedb2cue
xmcd2cue
CueMaster
cuesheet heaven
CueEd 2000    (I may have to send this)
CDRCue 2004

Hope this clears up a few things, tec

Reply #6
okay im not going to start a new thread because it is on topic with this just a slightly different question

first this site is down

http://doc.hydrogenaudio.org/wikis/hydrogenaudio/GapSettings

also the link to the two other threads is not working too...

is it just me?

which cue sheet option is the best one to use to get exact copies from using multiple wavs with EAC

here are the options
multiple wav files with gaps
multiple wav files with leftout gaps
multiple wav files with corrected gaps

i have no clue why one is better than the other or which one to use or not to use.

Reply #8
The Wiki/doc is down due to the server change.
The threads are here:
http://209.152.181.168/~hydrogen/index.php...ndpost&p=197877
http://209.152.181.168/~hydrogen/index.php...ndpost&p=173633

"multiple wav files with gaps" is best to use but only supported by EAC.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=215799"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

okay i have tried to use that setting but sometimes it makes the second song 2 tracks and the 3rd song is now the 4th track

when using multiple wav files with corrected gaps
it puts each song on a seperate track

also in EAC
the setting multiple wav files with gaps says Non Compliant after it.

sorry for not responding for a long time.

btw all the sites are still down... get a error 502 bad gateway.

Reply #10
thanks!

so just to sum this up the "multiple wav files with gaps (Noncompliant)" is the correct one to use.

it is the best to use and if my original copy gets damaged i can used a burned copy with those settings and i should still get the original CD as it best can with multple files and cuesheet when using EAC to burn

those wiki do help in understanding cuesheets and gaps! im not totaly there but it was very helpful