Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks] (Read 287976 times) previous topic - next topic

New tool: React - [Run EAC Tasks]

Reply #175
Good news.

Do you have the latest version of REACT?

I don't know much about @islast@, but it looks like it has only been available since v0.994.

Edit:  Hmm... you must have a later version otherwise @islast@ would not equal zero so lines 7 and 8 would run each time.  For some reason @islast@ is never being set to 1.

Looking at the source @islast@ is calculated as so:

Code: [Select]
$g_islast = ($srcTime <= $logTime And $logTime <= $srcTime + 2)

There is the @numtracks@ variable, again I'm not familiar with it.  You could try amending line 6 to:

6=>IF [@track@]==[@numtracks@] GOTO End

Maybe tycho will see this and confirm either way.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #176
I'm new and hope it isn't too inappropriate to editorialize, but...

As a recently self-educated digital audio formats newbie, I'd like to express the following:
Thanks to tycho for this one button (well, two actually) solution to audio archiving and his attentive responses to udgrade suggestions;
Thanks to Synthetic Soul for his many, many thorough and considerate answers to ocluke (et. al.); and
A very special thanks to ocluke for his perseverance and for asking the many questions that have made the REACT threads an excellent resource for newbies like me!

I'm now about 1/3 thru my archiving using ocluke style formats (mp3 vbr v2 to laptop and ipod 5g (my 1st mp3 player), wavpack image to external hard drive) and am exited at the prospect of having high quality playback mp3s, lossless archive wavpacks and using cd's only when ripping.

Cheers to you all!!!

Reply #177
You are most welcome.  Thank you.

You seem to have done very well if you have managed to get yourself up and running simply by following others' threads!
I'm on a horse.

Reply #178
...and all this time I felt as though I was only receiving and unable to contribute to the thread    I'm very happy to hear that the hard work these smart guys have put into helping others has paid dividends. Yes, the tool works wonderfully for me at this point, and thanks again Synthetic Soul for all of your above and beyond help. And thank you too, Tycho, for bringing this to us!

Reply #179
I too am having the same problem ocluke is/was with .wv file not being created after extraction. It appear EAC stalls at the extraction complete stage. I've added the following per Synthetic Soul's suggestion but EAC never created the log file so the compression window simply repeated "Waiting for log file..." until i finally closed the window.
1=>:WaitForLog
2=>@IF NOT EXIST "@eaclog@" (
3=>@ECHO Waiting for log file...
4=>@PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 2000>NUL
5=>GOTO WaitForLog)

Maybe I'm missing something? I don't really need the log file so perhaps I should ditch "EACLOG=@@eaclog@" from line 6 and forget the "Wait for log" command?? Here's my .INI...

[Settings]
Config=WV_MP3
EAC=C:\Program Files\EAC\EAC.exe
musicdir=C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\My Documents\My Music
encdir=C:\Program Files\EAC\Encoders
LogFile=
CodePage=1252
MinimizeCompressionWindow=0
ProcessPriority=1
ImageHotkey={F10}
ImageNaming=$artist$ - $album$
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]
Version=0.996
Debug=0

; -- Wavpack image and MP3 tracks --
[WV_MP3-image]
Description=Wavpack image with embedded cuesheet and EAC log with LAME -V2 mp3 track files, RG album gain
ImageExt=wv
CuesheetExt=wv.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
destdir1=E:\IMAGES\$cdartist$\$album$
destdir2=@musicdir@\iTunes\iTunes Music\$cdartist$\$album$
1=>:WaitForLog
2=>@IF NOT EXIST "@eaclog@" (
3=>@ECHO Waiting for log file...
4=>@PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 2000>NUL
5=>GOTO WaitForLog)
6=>@encdir@\wavpack.exe -hmy -w "ARTIST=@artist@" -w "ALBUM=@album@" -w "YEAR=@year@" -w "GENRE=@genre@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=@gain@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=@peak@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=@gain@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=@peak@" -w "CUESHEET=@@cuesheet@" -w "EACLOG=@@eaclog@" "@source@" "@image@"
7=>move "@destbase@.*" "@destdir1@"
8=>set out2=$n - $~t
9=>if "$cdartist$"=="Various" set out2=$n - $~t ($~a)
10=>@encdir@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\%out2%.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --scale @scale@ --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAG applied: @gain@$q - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
11=>del "@source@" "@eaclog@"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply #180
The logfile is created when the "Extracting Audio Data" dialogue (the ripping dialogue, with progress bars) is closed, leaving the "Status and Error Messages" dialogue.  The "Extracting Audio Data" dialogue is closed automatically by REACT

I wonder whether REACT is not closing your "Extracting Audio Data" dialogue.

If so, it may be a focus issue.  Do you leave EAC focused while ripping?

Is EAC left on the "Extracting Audio Data" dialogue, or the "Status and Error Messages" dialogue?

Edit:  It also may be worth reminding you of posts #153-#155.  In short, go to EAC Options, Tools tab, and ensure that "On extraction, start external compressors queued in the background" is checked.  I believe that the upshot of this is that the "Extracting Audio Data" dialogue can be closed before the external compressor completes - which is totally necessary in this situation (or most, with REACT) as we want the logfile as part of the external compressor (REACT) process.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #181
Synthetic Soul, I appreciate your speedy response to last night's post. Here's where I stand:

I wonder whether REACT is not closing your "Extracting Audio Data" dialogue.

Yes, REACT occasionally failes to close my "Extracting Audio Data" dialogue resulting in no log file and a no "Status and Error Messages" dialogue on some rips.
Sorry, I wasn't clearer in my explanation.

If so, it may be a focus issue. Do you leave EAC focused while ripping?

I don't know what you mean by "focused". After I initiate extraction I don't touch EAC (e.g. minimize), if that is what you mean? However, I do occasionally do other non-EAC functions on top of EAC.

ensure that "On extraction, start external compressors queued in the background" is checked

Having auto-configured, this is checked with (1) external compressor.

Reply #182
OK, this may be another silly question:  Do you have "Automatically write status report after extraction" checked on EAC options > Tools?

If so, that's me spent.  It's one for tycho.

From tycho's earlier post leaving EAC restored/maximised (not minimised!) but not focused (the active app) is enough.

The fact that REACT doesn't always fail to close the dialogue is a mystery.  The fact that it doesn't always close the dialogue is a concern.

I have never experienced this.  However, I haven't been using REACT that long, and I generally leave it focused, and tiptoe from the room.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #183
Is "Automatically write status report after extraction" set?

Yes, this is set.

I think the tiptoe from the room option is a good call considering this occasional fault seems to happen more often when i am fussing with other apps. As usual, simpler is better.

Cheers and thanks again.

Reply #184
Tycho,

Thank you for this killer tool.  I’ve recently begun encoding to wavpack with embedded cue sheets.  I was on the fence about encoding to mp3 simultaneously for portability, or waiting until I wanted to take certain albums with me.  React made it a no-brainer.  Thanks again for simplifying the whole thing.

Reply #185
Hi all. I just downloaded the latest (0.996) version of REACT, and I am having a bad time with it. At first I started changing variables to make it work the way I wanted, without testing it, and had problems.

The first problem was my test CD had a " in the title, so F10 wouldn't work. I've change it to 'inch' and now the F10 command works.

But now, after ripping is complete, I get a large .wav file, a .cue file, and a .log (from EAC) file in my music directory. Nothing else happens. As far as I can tell, REACT has finished, but hasn't split the .wav file up or done any compression.

Any ideas?

As an aside, I am looking into REACT as a replacement for FlacAttack. FlacAttack worked really well, but I could never get it to add replaygain (both track and album) information correctly - I would just get the album replaygain. I'm hoping that I can get REACT working enough to allow me to rip once, make flac and ogg files in different directories, with album and track replaygain for each.

Reply #186
Maybe try setting DEBUG=1 in the INI (line ~17).  This may let you see why it is exiting prematurely.

Also, hitting Ctrl+F2 to (re-)auto-configure EAC is always worth a try.

Can we see the relevant portions ([Settings] and required encoder section) of your INI please?
I'm on a horse.

Reply #187
Sorry, I'll have to get back to you. I just got much busier than expected this week, so I'll have to wait until the weekend to experiment!

Reply #188
What I miss in REACT is to add the replaygain data in the CUE sheet before adding it to the lossless image file. this way you can add track gain for each track even if there is only a single lossless image file. If you rip to individual files this is no problem because the player reads the replaygain data for each individual file.

PERFORMER "BSO, William Steinberg"
TITLE "Also Sprach Zarathustra - Die Planeten"
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN -5.24 dB
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK 0.999938
FILE "Also sprach Zarathustra - Die Planeten.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Also sprach Zarathustra - Einleitung"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN -6.27 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.999938
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Also sprach Zarathustra - Von den Hinterweltlern"
    INDEX 01 02:00:28
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN +0.93 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.724884

Reply #189
OK, I'm working now. It's amazing what a clean install will do for you! Plus, I tested it out before mucking around with the settings. So now I know it works, and I will tinker with the REACT.ini file until I get what I want.

But I have some questions.

1) I normally rip an album to individual files; one file for each track. I use the Shift+F6 command in EAC to test and copy each track, and then Flacattack compresses it. I like the test & copy, because I can compare CRCs to make sure I get consitent results. REACT seems to just rip the whole disc as an image, and then slice and dice it into separate files. Can I use react with the test & copy of EAC? Do I even need to?

2) What happens to the .cue sheet? Again, going back to Flacattack, it would copy the .cue file into the final directory, and change "*.wav" to "*.flac" for each track. I think this is handy in case I ever want to burn a CD of the album. Can I get this with REACT?

3) I eventually want to be able to rip albums into .flac and .ogg at the same time. I think that my choices are F4 (for one track = one file) and F10 (for one album = one file). Does this mean I have to write a script that handles both .flac and .ogg when I press F4?

Thanks for your help! I look forward to the day when I can rip an album in one (or two) keystrokes, have it compressed to .flac and .ogg (long live my Rio Karma!) and have all the files set up with replay gain for both track and album.

Reply #190
Oof, I guess these must be difficult questions!

Reply #191
Hi boombass.

1) I use Test and Copy too for my rips, with my drives set to Burst Mode. I am able to rip to individual FLAC and MP3 files in one go with REACT using Test and Copy (Shift-F6). I've also tried FLAC and OGG for a while, but I'm sticking to MP3 for now. I have no problems whatsoever, but then again I'm still using an older version of REACT, V0.983 I think, I have to check. I haven't tried the latest REACT version, but my current setup works fine, so I'm happy with it. I've never tried ripping to image+cuesheet.

2) Sorry, I don't really know how REACT or EAC handles cuesheets. If I want to burn a CD of the album, or a compilation from various CDs, I just decode from lossless to WAV using foobar, and fire up Nero.

3) You can just use Shift-F6 to encode to FLAC and OGG in one go. No need to write a script if you set your INI file correctly.
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

Reply #192
1) I normally rip an album to individual files; one file for each track. I use the Shift+F6 command in EAC to test and copy each track, and then Flacattack compresses it. I like the test & copy, because I can compare CRCs to make sure I get consitent results. REACT seems to just rip the whole disc as an image, and then slice and dice it into separate files. Can I use react with the test & copy of EAC? Do I even need to?
If you use REACT in track mode, then I guess you can use T&C (as kindofblue does).  You can't use T&C in image mode though.

2) What happens to the .cue sheet? Again, going back to Flacattack, it would copy the .cue file into the final directory, and change "*.wav" to "*.flac" for each track. I think this is handy in case I ever want to burn a CD of the album. Can I get this with REACT?
You can do whatever you want with the cuesheet.  I embed it and move it to the final folder.  However, the cuesheet is for an image file.  It is changed to reference the file correctly, but only one file - the image - not multiple track files.

3) I eventually want to be able to rip albums into .flac and .ogg at the same time. I think that my choices are F4 (for one track = one file) and F10 (for one album = one file). Does this mean I have to write a script that handles both .flac and .ogg when I press F4?
I think the only way to do image with tracks is to use F10 to rip to image, and then use ACDIR to process the image file to create tracks.  I may have misunderstood you; if you want two lots of track files then you can easily do this using the track section to encode the track WAVE file using two encoders.

It sounds to me as though you may have to make some compromises if you want a one button solution; i.e.: you can't do T&C to create an image, and you can't have a cuesheet pointing to multiple files.  However, I think I'm quit confused about what you actually want to achieve.  You mention images, but I get the impression you only want track files. Sorry if my answer is therefore garbage!
I'm on a horse.

Reply #193
The most recent flac+lame example on this thread didn't use vars for folder names... so I'm posting my cleaned up version.

; -- zzflaclame --
[FLACLAME-image]
Description=Create FLAC disc image and LAME individual MP3 files
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
destdir1=@musicdir@\FLAC\$artist$\$album$
destdir2=@musicdir@\MP3\$artist$\$album$
1=>@encdir@\flac.exe -8 -f -V --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@" --cuesheet="@cuesheet@" -T ARTIST="@artist@" -T ALBUM="@album@" -T DATE="@year@" -T GENRE="@genre@" -T COMMENT="FLAC 1.1.2 + REACT"
2=>move "@destbase@.*" "@eaclog@" "@destdir1@"
3=>@encdir@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\$n-$~t.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --ignore-tag-errors --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --scale @scale@ --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qLAME 3.97b1 -V8 vbr-new + REACT$q $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
4=>del "@source@"

You might want to change your MP3 naming convetion... I have mine set to just be track-title.

Reply #194
ok... does the included WV_MP3 work for anyone?  I pressed F10 and I didn't get mp3 files... and I got a cue but no actual data file in my IMAGES.

UPDATE: It turns out that like another forum post indicated... my EAC must have had incompatible settings.  I uninstalled and re-installed EAC then reran REACT config and now things are working much better.  No idea what setting was incompatible, but I know that some settings like eject-after-complete are different now.  I used the same version of EAC in both cases...

Reply #195
The most recent flac+lame example on this thread didn't use vars for folder names... so I'm posting my cleaned up version.

; -- zzflaclame --
[FLACLAME-image]
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
1=>@encdir@\flac.exe -8 -f -V --replay-gain "@source@" -o "@image@" --cuesheet="@cuesheet@" -T ARTIST="@artist@" -T ALBUM="@album@" -T DATE="@year@" -T GENRE="@genre@" -T COMMENT="FLAC 1.1.2 + REACT"
3=>@encdir@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\$n-$~t.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\lame.exe -V2 --vbr-new --ignore-tag-errors --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --scale @scale@ --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qLAME 3.97b1 -V8 vbr-new + REACT$q $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
4=>del "@source@"

You might want to change your MP3 naming convetion... I have mine set to just be track-title.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=359591"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi i've borrowed this to start me off,  thanks for the code... i've ran into one problem though after encoding react doesn't move my FLAC and cuesheet into the right folder it just stays where ever i saved the WAV to.

My React Config is as follows

[Settings]
Config=FLACLAME
EAC=C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
musicdir=H:\
encdir=C:\Program Files\REACT_0996\Encoders
LogFile=h:\React.log
CodePage=1252
MinimizeCompressionWindow=1
ProcessPriority=1
ImageHotkey={F10}
ImageNaming=$artist$ - ($year$) $album$
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
Version=0.996
Debug=0

; -- flaclame --
[FLACLAME-image]
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
3=>@encdir@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\$n-$~t.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\lame.exe -b 320 --ignore-tag-errors --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --scale @scale@ --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qLAME 3.97b1 -b 320 + REACT$q $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
4=>del "@source@"

and my REACT log is
----- [FLACLAME-image] ----- 2006-01-31 21:19:06
@echo Disc info   : "Tiga" - "You Gonna Want Me"
@echo Description : "Create FLAC disc image and LAME individual MP3 files"
@echo WaveGain    : gain=-8.95 dB, peak=0.944060
C:\PROGRA~1\REACT_~1\Encoders\flac.exe -8 -f -V --replay-gain "H:\Ttmp1!542.wav" -o "H:\Tiga - (2005) You Gonna Want Me.flac" --cuesheet="H:\Tiga - (2005) You Gonna Want Me.flac.cue" -T ARTIST="Tiga" -T ALBUM="You Gonna Want Me" -T DATE="2005" -T GENRE="Dance" -T COMMENT="FLAC 1.1.2 + REACT"
move "H:\Tiga - (2005) You Gonna Want Me.*" "H:\You Gonna Want Me.log" "H:\\FLAC\Tiga\You Gonna Want Me"
C:\PROGRA~1\REACT_~1\Encoders\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "H:\\MP3\Tiga\You Gonna Want Me\$n-$~t.mp3" --pipe "C:\PROGRA~1\REACT_~1\Encoders\lame.exe -b 320 --ignore-tag-errors --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --scale 0.356862 --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qLAME 3.97b1 -b 320 + REACT$q $x - $#o" "H:\Ttmp1!542-react.cue"
del "H:\Ttmp1!542.wav"

Thanks

Reply #196
Round Sparrow, i got this working, thanks for the updated post, my only problem is my FLAC files are not being moved to the specified folder (FLAC)... the albums folder is there but no FLAC image and cuesheet. Both of the files remain where the WAV was orignally saved to (When you first press F10 in EAC)... my profile is as follows

[Settings]
Config=FLACLAME
EAC=C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
musicdir=H:\
encdir=C:\Program Files\REACT_0996\Encoders
LogFile=h:\React.log
CodePage=1252
ProcessPriority=1
ImageHotkey={F10}
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
Version=0.996
Debug=0

; -- flaclame --
[FLACLAME-image]
ImageExt=flac
CuesheetExt=flac.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
3=>@encdir@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\$n-$~t.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\lame.exe -b 320 --ignore-tag-errors --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --scale @scale@ --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qLAME 3.97b1 -b 320 + REACT$q $x - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
4=>del "@source@"

Reply #197
I just tried using the current REACT with the current EAC and using WAVPACK tracks. in the .ini file the line with

3=>if @islast@==0 goto end

always results in

if 0 == 0 goto end

in the output file.

I verified with using the debug=1 and looking at the log output of of REACT.

----- [WAVPACK-tracks] ----- 2006-02-15 20:56:34
@echo Disc info  : "Kelly Clarkson" - "Breakaway"
@echo Track info  : (12) "Beautiful disaster (live)"
@echo Description : "Tagged wavpack files with RG album and track tags"
C:\PROGRA~1\REACT\Encoders\wavpack.exe -my -w "ARTIST=Kelly Clarkson" -w "ALBUM=Breakaway" -w "TRACK=12" -w "TITLE=Beautiful disaster (live)" -w "YEAR=2005" -w "GENRE=Pop" -w "COMMENT=Exact Audio Copy" -w "TOTALTRACKS=12" -w "FREEDB=B30A7F0C" -w "CRC=50181E78" "C:\Documents and Settings\Norman\My Documents\My Music\archive\Ktmp98(2!.wav" "C:\Documents and Settings\Norman\My Documents\My Music\WV\Kelly Clarkson\(2005) Breakaway\12 - Beautiful disaster (live).wv"
move "C:\Documents and Settings\Norman\My Documents\My Music\archive\Ktmp98(2!.wav" "C:\Documents and Settings\Norman\My Documents\My Music\WV\Kelly Clarkson\(2005) Breakaway\12 - Beautiful disaster (live).wav"
if 0==0 goto end
  move "C:\Documents and Settings\Norman\My Documents\My Music\archive\Breakaway.log" "C:\Documents and Settings\Norman\My Documents\My Music\WV\Kelly Clarkson\(2005) Breakaway\EAC_log.txt"
  C:\PROGRA~1\REACT\Encoders\WaveGain.exe -a "C:\Documents and Settings\Norman\My Documents\My Music\WV\Kelly Clarkson\(2005) Breakaway\*.wav" --exec C:\PROGRA~1\REACT\Encoders\Tag.exe --ape2 -t "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=%%ALBUM_GAIN%% dB" -t "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=%%ALBUM_PEAK%%" -t "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=%%TRACK_GAIN%% dB" -t "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=%%TRACK_PEAK%%" "%%INPUT_FDIR%%\%%INPUT_NAME%%.wv"
  del "C:\Documents and Settings\Norman\My Documents\My Music\WV\Kelly Clarkson\(2005) Breakaway\*.wav"
:end

Reply #198
See my post [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=354796']#176[/a].  I came to the same conclusion.

There's also a potential workaround as well, but I haven't tested it.  That would be too easy.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #199
I just started using this wonderful tool in order to encode both to a wavpack image and lame mp3 tracks. It's working great so far, except for when trying to encode various artists ("Various") albums.

It seems that whenever I try to encode a compilation, using EAC's Various Artists checkbox, WAVPACK and ACDIR are being passed as albumartist the track artist of the second song on the CD. All is well with the wavpack image and cue sheet, but the two files are being moved to a "NameOfArtistPerformingTheSecondSongOnTheCD" directory under my "IMAGES" directory. Similarly, the mp3s are moved to a "NameOfArtistPerformingTheSecondSongOnTheCD" directory under my "MP3S" directory and none of the files get the track artist included in their names.

When encoding a CD with only one track, but using the Various Artists feature just to see what would happen, the files are put straight in the "IMAGES" and "MP3S" folders, respectively and the mp3 again has no track artist in its file name.

Is this a confirmed bug? I couldn't find any information on this in this thread, although the previous posted seemed to have a similar issue.

Here is some relevant data. Please let me know if you need more information. As an example I tested with a 2-track CD single, just to make for quicker encoding time. In EAC, I checked the "Various Artists" checkbox and named the tracks "Artist / Song".

Windows XP SP2
EAC v0.95b2
REACT v0.996
WAVPACK v4.3
ACDIR v0.12a
WaveGain v1.2.6b3

--REACT.ini--

[Settings]
Config=WV_MP3
EAC=EAC.exe
;musicdir=@mydocumentsdir@\My Music
musicdir=h:\Ripping\REACT
encdir=C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\Encoders
LogFile=h:\Ripping\REACT\react.log
CodePage=1252
ProcessPriority=1
ImageHotkey={F10}
KeyRemap1={F4}|+{F5}
KeyRemap2=|
KeyRemap3=|
Version=0.996
Debug=1

; -- Wavpack image and MP3 tracks --
[WV_MP3-image]
Description=Wavpack image with embedded cuesheet and EAC log with LAME -V6 mp3 track files, RG album gain
ImageExt=wv
CuesheetExt=wv.cue
WaveGainAnalysis=1
destdir1=@musicdir@\IMAGES\$cdartist$
destdir2=@musicdir@\MP3\$cdartist$\$album$
1=>@encdir@\wavpack.exe -hx6my -w "ARTIST=@artist@" -w "ALBUM=@album@" -w "YEAR=@year@" -w "GENRE=@genre@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=@gain@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=@peak@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=@gain@" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=@peak@" -w "CUESHEET=@@cuesheet@" -w "EACLOG=@@eaclog@" "@source@" "@image@"
2=>move "@destbase@.*" "@destdir1@"
3=>set out2=$n - $~t
4=>if "$cdartist$"=="Various" set out2=$n - $~a - $~t
5=>@encdir@\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "@destdir2@\%out2%.mp3" --pipe "@encdir@\lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new --scale @scale@ --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAG applied: @gain@$q - $#o" "@sourcecuesheet@"
6=>del "@source@" "@eaclog@"

--react.log (note: albumartist U2 instead of Various)--

----- [WV_MP3-image] ----- 2006-02-18 08:37:32
@echo Disc info   : "U2" - "All Because Of You (CD Single)"
@echo Description : "Wavpack image with embedded cuesheet and EAC log with LAME -V6 mp3 track files, RG album gain"
@echo WaveGain    : gain=-11.51 dB, peak=0.988556
C:\PROGRA~1\EXACTA~1\Encoders\wavpack.exe -hx6my -w "ARTIST=U2" -w "ALBUM=All Because Of You (CD Single)" -w "YEAR=2005" -w "GENRE=Rock" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=-11.51 dB" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=0.988556" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=-11.51 dB" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=0.988556" -w "CUESHEET=@F:\Temp\All Because Of You [EU, CID 906,9874410].wv.cue" -w "EACLOG=@F:\Temp\All Because Of You (CD Single).log" "F:\Temp\Atmp1!542.wav" "F:\Temp\All Because Of You [EU, CID 906,9874410].wv"
move "F:\Temp\All Because Of You [EU, CID 906,9874410].*" "h:\Ripping\REACT\IMAGES\U2"
set out2=$n - $~t
if "U2"=="Various" set out2=$n - $~a - $~t
C:\PROGRA~1\EXACTA~1\Encoders\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "h:\Ripping\REACT\MP3\U2\All Because Of You (CD Single)\%out2%.mp3" --pipe "C:\PROGRA~1\EXACTA~1\Encoders\lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new --scale 0.265766 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAG applied: -11.51 dB$q - $#o" "F:\Temp\Atmp1!542-react.cue"
del "F:\Temp\Atmp1!542.wav" "F:\Temp\All Because Of You (CD Single).log"
pause

--All Because Of You [EU, CID 906,9874410].wv.cue (note: albumartist Various)--

REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN "-11.51 dB"
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK 0.988556
REM GENRE Rock
REM DATE 2005
REM DISCID 07016C02
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b2"
PERFORMER "Various"
TITLE "All Because Of You (CD Single)"
FILE "All Because Of You [EU, CID 906,9874410].wv" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "All Because Of You (Single Mix)"
   PERFORMER "U2"
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "She's A Mystery To Me (Live From Brooklyn)"
   PERFORMER "U2"
   INDEX 00 03:19:73
   INDEX 01 03:21:65

--Atmp1!542-react.cue (note: albumartist Various)--

REM GENRE Rock
REM DATE 2005
REM DISCID 07016C02
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b2"
PERFORMER "Various"
TITLE "All Because Of You (CD Single)"
FILE "Atmp1!542.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "All Because Of You (Single Mix)"
   PERFORMER "U2"
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "She's A Mystery To Me (Live From Brooklyn)"
   PERFORMER "U2"
   INDEX 00 03:19:73
   INDEX 01 03:21:65

--Atmp1!542-react.bat (note: albumartist U2 instead of Various)--

@title REACT Commands
@chcp 1252
@echo Disc info   : "U2" - "All Because Of You (CD Single)"
@echo Description : "Wavpack image with embedded cuesheet and EAC log with LAME -V6 mp3 track files, RG album gain"
@echo WaveGain    : gain=-11.51 dB, peak=0.988556
C:\PROGRA~1\EXACTA~1\Encoders\wavpack.exe -hx6my -w "ARTIST=U2" -w "ALBUM=All Because Of You (CD Single)" -w "YEAR=2005" -w "GENRE=Rock" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN=-11.51 dB" -w "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK=0.988556" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=-11.51 dB" -w "REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=0.988556" -w "CUESHEET=@F:\Temp\All Because Of You [EU, CID 906,9874410].wv.cue" -w "EACLOG=@F:\Temp\All Because Of You (CD Single).log" "F:\Temp\Atmp1!542.wav" "F:\Temp\All Because Of You [EU, CID 906,9874410].wv"
move "F:\Temp\All Because Of You [EU, CID 906,9874410].*" "h:\Ripping\REACT\IMAGES\U2"
set out2=$n - $~t
if "U2"=="Various" set out2=$n - $~a - $~t
C:\PROGRA~1\EXACTA~1\Encoders\acdir.exe --overwrite --output "h:\Ripping\REACT\MP3\U2\All Because Of You (CD Single)\%out2%.mp3" --pipe "C:\PROGRA~1\EXACTA~1\Encoders\lame.exe -V6 --vbr-new --scale 0.265766 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta $#a --tl $#T --tt $#t --tn $#n --ty $#r{DATE} --tg $#r{GENRE} --tc $qAG applied: -11.51 dB$q - $#o" "F:\Temp\Atmp1!542-react.cue"
del "F:\Temp\Atmp1!542.wav" "F:\Temp\All Because Of You (CD Single).log"
pause