Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Zeitgeist of pay per track .flac... (Read 2532 times) previous topic - next topic

Zeitgeist of pay per track .flac...

For me the grail would be to buy, on a track by track basis (and/or whole album) all music in .flac format.  And I mean the 'old bastard' stuff, not just new bands that have emerged in the digital age.

Every 6 months or so I'll spend an hour surfing to see where it's at; I see a thin end of a wedge, but no old bastard stuff and not really track by track.

What is the latest thinking out there on this?  I mean opinions on where/when/if/what else is happening on a .flac (or even other lossless) dLoads for purchase?

Interested to know what thoughts on the street are by those with more or less informed opinions...