Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Shure e2c question (Read 2910 times) previous topic - next topic

Shure e2c question

This may seem like a weird question, but I often go to sleep with music on. I'm considering a purchase of the Shure e2c headphones, but I was wondering if I would likely be able to hear an alarm clock with them in? Do they block out sounds like that completely?

Shure e2c question

Reply #1
This may seem like a weird question, but I often go to sleep with music on. I'm considering a purchase of the Shure e2c headphones, but I was wondering if I would likely be able to hear an alarm clock with them in? Do they block out sounds like that completely?

That depends on how loud your alarm clock is. And on what sleeves you are using. Foams and tri-flange could block out too much, I suppose, but with the soft flex sleeves i think it would work.

However, I would not recommend sleeping with IEM's. I guess it could be dangerous pressuring them in too deep by mistake while sleeping. They're really not meant for usage while sleeping IMO.

Shure e2c question

Reply #2
I don't want to talk you out of the Shure, but you may want to consider Sennheiser CX 300 or Creative EP-630. They're much cheaper, but they can still compete sound-wise. See here.

Shure e2c question

Reply #3
I often go to sleep with music on.

it's hard to sleep in a bed with IEMs on (as far as I've experience with the Etymotic ER6 & 6i) since just rolling your head to the side on your pillow will put pressure on them like any other headphone.  What I ended up doing is placing some speakers close to my bed instead.  Less bothersome that way.
seanny.net

Shure e2c question

Reply #4
However, I would not recommend sleeping with IEM's. I guess it could be dangerous pressuring them in too deep by mistake while sleeping. They're really not meant for usage while sleeping IMO.

Yes, sleeping with headphones and even moderately loud music may damage hearing irreversibly. 
Also, hearing system regenerates from insignificant damages during night silence periods, so, while sleeping with music you'll deprive yourself of natural self-healing process.

Shure e2c question

Reply #5
I don't leave the music on the whole time I sleep; once the album finishes my MP3 player stops playing.

Thanks for the replies.

Shure e2c question

Reply #6

I think you may find that they will wake you up if you roll over onto the side of your head - I have the E2c and I've fallen asleep with them in. It's quite painful when you roll onto them! That's my experience anyway. You would find it hard to hear an alarm clock well enough to wake you but you just might get away with it.