Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg) (Read 237932 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_playlist_organizer (aka foo_plorg)

Reply #400
it does not work with 1.3.17
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #401
Is there any way to also use a folder as a playlist? That is, have it contain playlists and, when selected, list all contained tracks? It's annoying to have a playlist and a folder to do what a folder could do on its own.
If this isn't currently possible, could it be added?

Reply #402
Is there any way to also use a folder as a playlist? That is, have it contain playlists and, when selected, list all contained tracks? It's annoying to have a playlist and a folder to do what a folder could do on its own.
If this isn't currently possible, could it be added?

foo playlist bind -  http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components_0.9/Playlist_Bind_%28foo_playlist_bind%29

Reply #403
Or you can create an autoplaylist with a query like this:
Code: [Select]
%path% HAS X:\Path\To\Music\Folder\

Reply #404
Neither of those seem to have what I want. Playlist Bind doesn't let you bind a folder and you can't put a playlist in autoplaylist. I want a folder that lists songs in the playlists it contains. iTunes does this, but I'm done using iTunes.

Reply #405
is it possible to backup my sorted tree view of 50+ playlists? where does it save this config? thanks.

Reply #406
is it possible to backup my sorted tree view of 50+ playlists? where does it save this config? thanks.

Only if you install before to your F2K plugin  foo jesus.
Download here:  http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_jesus

This plugin saves by default:
configuration;
playlists1.3;
index-data;
theme.fth
PlaybackStatistics.dat

Reply #407
Greetings NEMO7538!

Great plug-in & Thanks!

One question... could you please add an option to turn OFF auto-scrolling of the playlists?  Every time I have my mouse pointer above (or below) the playlist, it auto-scrolls up (or down) and this behavior is driving me nuts. 

Even if Foobar doesn't even have focus, this auto-scrolling will persist and can be really irritating.  I have to scroll and scroll back to where I was to select the next playlist.

A simple option to turn off auto-scrolling would be the best solution.

Thanks

Reply #408

yes, autoscrolling is really really annoying, please do something about it.

Thanks

Reply #409
I'm sorry I can't reproduce this autoscrolling bug. Can you provide more details ? thanks

Reply #410
I'm sorry I can't reproduce this autoscrolling bug. Can you provide more details ? thanks

Thank you for your response.   Sorry for my late reply -- I was on holiday and was not able to reply.

Since your message, I have been unable to reproduce the auto-scrolling (bug?) within your plug-in.  My attempts to induce it have been unsuccessful.  When I have more information I will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks again!

Reply #411
Hey, my Foobar2000 freezes when I try to create a new playlist with The Playlist Organizer. That happens either with the external window, as well as with the UI interface.
It does not work with 1.3.17 which is crazy because it has worked for at least half a year now but when I tried to install a theme and deinstalling it again because another plugin did not worked with that theme as well as I hoped to, this issue started to occur.

I tried to run it as administrator.
I tried to install my backup but that didn't helped.
Then I tried to install the portable version of foobar and try my configuration there ... It still froze.
After that I tried to figure out, if it was really Playlist Organizer that made my foobar freeze so I installed a fresh foobar version again, without any plugins. That worked like a charm but after I installed only Playlist Organizer to that and tried to create a new playlist, it froze again.
I tried to fix that now for 2 days but I have no idea what to do now :(

I have my old version of foobar still installed (non portable) But that shouldn't be an issue right?
Because I even installed another fresh foobar portable version on an external drive to make sure it density interfere with any of the old files.

I hope someone has another idea, because I have like 300 Playlists and I dint wanna scroll a 10 meter long list until I get to the playlist I wanna hear and O don't know any other plugin that is as practical as this one ♥

EDIT:

I found another backup on another hard drive from a PC backup I made a while ago. I deinstalled foobar completely and copied the Programsx86 Foobar folder and the Folder in the Appdata\Roaming folder so that I had my very old foobar version installed ...
It still keeps freezing o.O So I guess its because of my PC or something like that even tho I didn't really do anything except to install that theme for foobar.

I use Windows10 Version   10.0.17763 Build 17763 if that is any helpful.
I have a pretty decent PC as well so its not because of bad hardware either :(

Reply #412
Then I tried to install the portable version of foobar and try my configuration there ... It still froze.
After that I tried to figure out, if it was really Playlist Organizer that made my foobar freeze so I installed a fresh foobar version again, without any plugins. That worked like a charm but after I installed only Playlist Organizer to that and tried to create a new playlist, it froze again.
Hi there,

Perhaps using this portable test install you could have a look at Task Manager and then trigger the freeze - is foobar running high CPU usage? How much disk activity? Does it unfreeze by itself after a while or is it a hard lock? Following that you could use Process Explorer as described here, appendix A-C depending which issue. If you want to post the resulting logs, maybe a new topic in Uploads (fb2k) forum as mentioned.

Best of luck

Reply #413
Hey, sorry for the late respond and thanks for the quick answer!

I just was tired of looking into that after 3 days of trying to get it working again ^^

BUT I actually think that I found the Problem.
I reinstalled another fresh foobar version again and tried the same thing again. Installed my components, created some new playlists ...
After I created some playlist which worked fine at first, I deleted some others again. I deleted a playlist "Default" and a folder with the same name that I did not created myself. After I deleted that specific playlist Foobar froze.
I reopened it and tried to delete it again. And yes every time I try to delete that "Default" playlist my foobar freezes.
After I figured that out, I just renamed it to " " so I wont see it and put it all the way down from my other playlists. In that way it can stay there without bothering me.
I still dint know why that playlist causes an issue tho.

To your questions:

1. Foobar itself is not running at high CPU while it runs normal. When it freezes, It just says not responsive.
2. Sorry, I dint know how much disc activity it had unfortunately
3. It is a hard lock, it did not unfreeze after 10-15 minutes that I waited in hope.

Quick note:
I tried to recreate the issue by deleting the playlist on purpose to help you out with some of your questions but well guess what, it dint freezes anymore.

I really have noooo clue what just happened but It works now fully functional.
but really thank you for the help! ♥

Reply #414
Hey Thanks for this plugin :-)
I, like Mrnoname1000 , have been looking for a way to store multiple playlists in a tree style view like this plugin allows, and hopefully play everything recursively within a folder, or multiple selected playlists, without creating new specially created playlists every time.

A partial solution to this is I create a 'Now Playing' playlist and just drag any playlist withing the subfolders into it. The treestyle view makes it easy to do it since every folder can be retracted so it takes up little space. Without this plugin, I would have to scroll through pages of playlists to do something similar. Just finding a single playlist used to be a chore in itself, so I never did that. Having everything in a categorical, sortable and retractable tree hierarchy makes this fairly easy.

Reply #415
Does anyone know a way to export only the playlists of a folder? Drag and drop to explorer doesnt seem to work for folders, and I tried dragging a folder to another instance of foobar to use for just exporting. Drag and drop only works for individual playlists?

I have too many playlists and I'm trying to get some of them out of foobar, but when exporting all playlists it is no longer grouped or identifiable by the folder it belonged to.

Reply #416
This is great. However, I noticed that this UI doesn't work properly with Scheduler UI. When scheduled to play the next playlist, the reordering of the existing playlists in this UI is not reflected in the scheduler. This problem doesn't happen when using the Playlist Manager instead of Playlist Organizer.

Let's say I have three playlists A, B and C which I created them in the same order (A then B and finally C). Regardless of how I sort them in the Playlist Organizer, Scheduler will play them back in the order of creation (A->B->C). But if I change their order in the Playlist Manager, they will be played in the sorted manner I defined.

A fix would be a great addition.

Reply #417
When I select a playlist, then select the folder containing that playlist (or maybe any folder. I only have one), the text colour for that playlist is highlighted as though it's active, even when it's not. Selecting different playlists in succession doesn't leave the previous playlists highlighted as active, it's only when selecting a playlist, then a folder.

For me, aside from the above gremlin, the active playlist text highlighting appears not to work. A rectangle of the appropriate color is placed around the active playlist, but the text itself doesn't change color. I'm pretty new to Playlist Organizer so until now I assumed it's supposed to work that way, but maybe not?

fb2k 1.5 beta 16 on XP.

Cheers.

Reply #418
I think I was misunderstanding how the active playlist text highlighting is supposed to work, and it makes sense now I get it. Please ignore my post above.

Reply #419
This is great. However, I noticed that this UI doesn't work properly with Scheduler UI. When scheduled to play the next playlist, the reordering of the existing playlists in this UI is not reflected in the scheduler. This problem doesn't happen when using the Playlist Manager instead of Playlist Organizer.

Let's say I have three playlists A, B and C which I created them in the same order (A then B and finally C). Regardless of how I sort them in the Playlist Organizer, Scheduler will play them back in the order of creation (A->B->C). But if I change their order in the Playlist Manager, they will be played in the sorted manner I defined.

A fix would be a great addition.

It's already in the to do list (3rd item) but don't expect anything soon. Sorry !

Reply #420
I am getting an error with the playlist manager (I think).

Foobar begins well and then after playing some media, this happens:

Please see the below screenshot

While it doesn't effect playback (if I don't want to change to a new playlist), I am unable to fix this unless I shutdown Foobar.

And more often than not when I do shutdown, Foobar crashes
When I reopen the program would then ask if I wanted to open in safe mode

Any ideas what would be causing this?

Reply #421
Hi @NEMO7538 thanks for creating this playlist organizer it is really very useful.

I have recently re-installed Windows. Luckily I have the original boot drive with my previous Foobar instal.

When I install Foobar on my new system and copy over the components / playlists and theme I was using I get an error message when Foobar starts up.

"Failed to load DLL: foo_plorg.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000."

I must be missing some of the required files. Where can I find them ?

THanks

Reply #422
After installing Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Community the error message is gone .. :) !

Reply #423
Would you like to point out the exact Visual package, that you have installed?

I recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Then the previously successfully used portable foobar installation (from a portable device) showed the error message as mentioned earlier.
Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_plorg.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.
foobar portable 1.5.0, updated to 1.5.1

I have installed microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) - 14.24.28127. However, the error message is still there, playlist organizer is not running.

Any suggestions?