Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio filters (FIR / Noise reduction) for Mplayer/Mencoder ...? (Read 2600 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio filters (FIR / Noise reduction) for Mplayer/Mencoder ...?

Hello everyone.  I need some kind of Noise reduction / FIR filter for Mplayer/Mencoder; is there any?

It has to be for (commandline) Mencoder, because no other software I've tried is able to produce AVI files that play in my new MP4 player (it needs a specific configuration: 22 fps, XviD, MP2 audio, and some other things).

And I need that filter because I usually bump up the volume of my converted files, since I'll end up watching those movies in a crowded bus, on my way to work (and maxing out the volume produces a lot of noise, of course).

With my old MP4 player (which only played "AMV" files), I used to apply ffdshow filters (including FIR) on-the-fly, while converting, since the conversion software (which only worked on win32) used DirectShow. But Mencoder doesn't seem to have anything like that filter.

I read that it can use LADSPA filters, but I don't know of any that does what I need, and I guess it would be hard to configure anyway. So I'm pretty much depending on you guys.

Greetings and thanks in advance...