Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Automatic change of audio output (Read 1936 times) previous topic - next topic

Automatic change of audio output

Hi all,

I have 90% 2CH music, and 10% 4-5-6CH music.

When I listen to stero music I use the USB output to the DAC, which can only decode stereo music. But when I listen to multi CH music I have to change output to the Marantz Receiver.

Is there a way to set automatically the output in base of the number of channel I will listen to?

Ex.:
I play the 6CH FLAC of Dark side of the moon and foobar is setted to WASAPI: Marantz.
Now I change to STEREO FLAC of The Wall and foobar automatically changes the output to WASAPI: DAC

Thank you in advance! :-)

Reply #1
This doesn't answer your question and maybe I'm being a bit dense, but have you considered using one of the foobar components capable of downmixing/upmixing? Channel Mixer and Matrix Mixer are two that come to mind.

Reply #2
This doesn't answer your question and maybe I'm being a bit dense, but have you considered using one of the foobar components capable of downmixing/upmixing? Channel Mixer and Matrix Mixer are two that come to mind.

thank you! Yes... but the problem is that I want to listen to multiCH music if I have this music throught Marantz, and the stero music throught the DAC... So downmixing/upmixing DSP are not useful to me...

Reply #3
Well, even if this topic is not fresh, I have the exact same problem. I prefer ASIO output via USB to a Cambridge DAC (which also allows output either to my Yamaha Receiver or my Cayin tubeamp) for stereo, but I also like multichannel files. The cambridge allows multichanel throughput only via toslink optical output or S/PDIF; both of which my Intel HTPC is not capable.
Thus would really appreciate a switch to change audio output between ASIO/USB and HDMI easily.
I know I can change this via menu, but I control my foobar2k via the MonkeyMote app or a tiny touchscreen...
So I call again, is there any possibility?

Thanks in advance!