Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to disable double click behaviour in playlist? (Read 3617 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to disable double click behaviour in playlist?

I was wondering if it is possible to disable playing by double clicking on an item in a playlist?
Even better would be the possibility to turn it off only while playing, like the fool-proof behaviour of most dj cd-players. It seems not to be possible to change double click behaviour in playlists (columns ui), is there any plug-in that provides something like this? Otherwise I would like to suggest this as a new feature 

The reason that I ask for this is that I use foobar as a dj tool and I want to prevent myself from accidentially change the track while playing.

Reply #1
In theory, a component could use a so-called "playlist lock" to override the double-click behaviour.

However, there are so many other user interactions that could interrupt playback:

- Pressing the stop or pause button.
- Manipulating the playlist.
- Closing the program.
- Shutting down or restarting the entire system.

Instead of implementing a safeguard against one of these, locking the computer (Win+L) might be a better option.

Reply #2
Instead of implementing a safeguard against one of these, locking the computer (Win+L) might be a better option.

That would not be a solution, because I would like to be able to brows playlists, filters, etc. while playing.

Reply #3
Might I then suggest that you simply try your best not to double-click on playlist items?

Reply #4
You could also increase your double click speed in Window's Control Panel so that you're not making as many unintentional double clicks.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #5
If you use ELPlaylist you can disable double clicking.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #6
If you use ELPlaylist you can disable double clicking.

But ELPlaylist doesn't support any kind of columns, isn't it? I don't use groups, but I do use columns in my playlists, so I guess ELPlaylist isn't an option.