Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How can I convert .cue/.flac files so I can write them to a CDR? (Read 886 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I convert .cue/.flac files so I can write them to a CDR?

I've a friend who hasn't got a computer. If I want to send him something for Christmas, it has to be on a CDR.

What I want to send him I have on a .flac with a cue.

Seems I either need to convert it to an mp3 and write the mp3 version to CDR, or use Foobar to write the .flac direct to CDR.

Either way, I don't know how to do it or what extra software I'll need.

Any suggestions folks?

MG

Re: How can I convert .cue/.flac files so I can write them to a CDR?

Reply #2
Thanks. I've downloaded something called
foo_burninate.fb2k-component

and installed it.

But I can't see anything in any of my Foobar buttons to say write file to CDR.

A bit more assistance needed, please.

MG

Reply #3
First select the audio files you wish to burn, right click the selected files, and in the right click menu select "convert". At the bottom you'll see "Write audio CD"
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #4
Thanks. I assume I can't have anything else playing at the time :)
MG

Reply #5
OK, I'm doing that. What do I do about Replay Gain Processing and/or DSP processing?

What the heck are they in English?

MG

Reply #6
replaygain will normalize the volume, none of the options is really necessary, I'd just go ahead without them and see if the resulting CDR is playable and sounds the same as the files when played

see http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Audio_CD_Writer_(foo_burninate)

link is non-functional??

try http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components_0.9/foo_burninate and click "Foobar2000:Components/Audio CD Writer (foo burninate)"

weird

(foobar can do two things at once, if your system is capable, you should be able to burn and listen to music while it's burning)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #7
The link page is empty, I'm afraid. However, I've done it without ticking anything and it sounds too bass-y on my putative hi-fi to me, but I don't like much bass and that's what I get on my PC, though everyone else seems to, so I guess it's OK.

Thank you.

MG (the last living lo-fi fan)