Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wavpack with CDex (Read 6521 times) previous topic - next topic

Wavpack with CDex

I've been trying to get this to work for some time now.
I'm using the string:
-b320x6 -w "artist=%a" -w "album=%b" -w "title=%t" -w "tracknumber=%tn" -w "date=%y" -w "genre=%g" - %2

and when wavpack.exe pops up to encode, it just sits there. no numbers. no nothing.

does anyone know what the problem is?

Wavpack with CDex

Reply #1
I've been trying to get this to work for some time now.
I'm using the string:
-b320x6 -w "artist=%a" -w "album=%b" -w "title=%t" -w "tracknumber=%tn" -w "date=%y" -w "genre=%g" - %2

and when wavpack.exe pops up to encode, it just sits there. no numbers. no nothing.

does anyone know what the problem is?

I have never used CDex, but the string you specify looks okay (assuming the audio is going to be piped into wavpack.exe). I would eliminate the "x6" until you have it working because that's going to make it slooow and I think that "year" is a better choice than "date" (at least it's more compatible with the plugins I made for WavPack).

When you say nothing happens, it sounds like it's just waiting for data. If it doesn't get a wav header it won't even display the 0% done message. Is there some option in CDex to tell it to use pipes?

Wavpack with CDex

Reply #2
Ah, I got it. i had to append %1 %2 (file in file out)
the parameter i was using was meant for on-the-fly encoding only, and that never works for me anyway.

thanks for pointing me in a better direction of thought!

Wavpack with CDex

Reply #3
I have a problem with CDex 1.70b2 and WavPack 4.31, I use the following string :
Code: [Select]
-h -m -w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%b" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%tn" -w "Genre=%g" - %2

I checked "On-the-fly encoding" in CDex, and it doesn't work : I get an error from CDex (something like "can't send data to the encoder") and then CDex just crash. 
What am I doing wrong ?
I tried without on-the-fly encoding, and it works fine, but I REALLY need on-the-fly encoding because otherwise it's two times slower.
Opus 96 kb/s (Android) / Vorbis -q5 (PC) / WavPack -hhx6m (Archive)

Wavpack with CDex

Reply #4
I have a problem with CDex 1.70b2 and WavPack 4.31, I use the following string :
Code: [Select]
-h -m -w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%b" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%tn" -w "Genre=%g" - %2

I checked "On-the-fly encoding" in CDex, and it doesn't work : I get an error from CDex (something like "can't send data to the encoder") and then CDex just crash. 
What am I doing wrong ?
I tried without on-the-fly encoding, and it works fine, but I REALLY need on-the-fly encoding because otherwise it's two times slower.

I think maybe CDex also needs the -i option to force WavPack to ignore the [incorrect] length in the wav header.

If that's not it you can try the "debug" mode of WavPack to see what it's complaining about.

Wavpack with CDex

Reply #5
I tried with -i and it works (I also had to check "send WAV header to stdin" in CDex).

Thank you very much bryant 
Opus 96 kb/s (Android) / Vorbis -q5 (PC) / WavPack -hhx6m (Archive)

Wavpack with CDex

Reply #6
Yeah CDex doesn't like on-the-fly checked when using a command line encoder. Also placing this at the end will let CDex know what the source file and destination file are:  %1 %2