Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Third-party plugins (Read 368942 times) previous topic - next topic

Third-party plugins

Reply #25
foo_xa updated:
  • BUG: Forgot to close file in input deconstructor
  • Added single file ripper to context menu
Same link.

NOTE: Ripper is unaffected by configuration settings and is completely separate from the disk writing function. It simply rips the selected XA channel segment to its own file. Handy for ripping your favorite songs out of the oversized XA_STR1 located on the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night CD, while preserving the original compression.

Third-party plugins

Reply #27
Because voltron asked for it:

Component name - foo_brr

Component type (appropriate section) - Input, disk writer

Which foobar2000 version the component works with - 0.5

Author name and e-mail address (and tell me if you want your e-mail address to be published) - kode54 chris (at) kode54.tk

Description of the component - Plays and writes SNES and PSX ADPCM formats. Mono forms are identical to what the system uses, stereo is nibble interleaved so won't work too well for that purpose. Files contain a small header with flags, frequency, length, optional loop point (not supported by writer), and optional no-loop bit. Don't expect perfect performance, it tends to break on really loud files, or "problem" samples such as udial.wav. Encoding greater than 2 channels is possible, but the decoder isn't designed to handle it. Encoder originally created just to provide a means to produce samples for SNES game hacks, but later expanded into a Linux player/encoder set, now into this plug-in. Later added PSX ADPCM capability, which seems to be more robust as well, as I don't know the system's clipping behavior, so I just wing it and do normal 16 bit clipping, so it's a little more tolerant than the SNES CODEC.

Plug-in only has decoder configuration. The encoder will use whichever format you choose from the disk writer panel, converting from the 32 bit float to 16 bit signed integer samples with dithering, using the player's internal downsampling function. See: cvt_float_to_linear.h from the SDK.

If you experience noise, try feeding the input through the preamp plug-in and attenuating a few dB below what the file's ReplayGain correction level specifies. (ie. RG says -5.71 dB, so Preamp to -7 dB or so. I suggest you also load the resulting file, remove RG info and rescan, as the original file's tags are copied to it, along with the original RG info.)

TECH INFO: Header signature is 0x42, 0x52, 0x52, 0x1A ("BRR\32"), all fields that follow are variable length, similar to MIDI. Value is data & 0x7F, if MSB is set, shift up by 7 and add the next value, repeat. First field is flags, where 1 is stereo, 2 means rate is specified, 4 means length of audio stream is specified, 8 means loop point is specified, 16 means stream is PSX format, 32 means do not loop, the rest are still undefined. The next field is rate, only if rate bit is set. Then length and then loop, also only of their bits are set. The rest of the file is the audio stream, with end bit set on the last block. Then for the hell of it, I write an APEv2 tag onto the file, only in this plug-in.

You can find the SNES ADPCM format by ripping apart SNES9x, ZSNES, or libopenspc. You can find the PSX ADPCM format by ripping apart spu.c from the P.E.Op.S. SPU source code.

Bears no warranty, no guarantee of actually serving a real purpose. I just wrote it because I can. Although, there are several PSX games with nice music in the SPU's ADPCM format, rather than XA. The reason for this is usually because XA is limited to 18900Hz and 37800Hz, while the ADPCM can be up to 44100Hz. (Or higher, but the SPU doesn't generate a higher output, so it's pointless.)

I've already produced a simple converter for Common\STAFF.BIN from Megaman Legends 2, which contains the audio stream for the staff roll music, as well as the bitmaps of the credits themselves, interleaved for proper presentation timing. Timed by the music decoding, you can observe that the credits don't play any faster or slower, regardless of the current FPS. You can disable frame limiting and and they will still run smoothly. (In my case, 122FPS or so, no effect.)

I've also manually ripped some tracks from a few games, but this required game specific hacks to P.E.Op.S. SPU, and then further hand editing for the resulting files.

Meh, enjoy, or don't. I didn't make this plug-in for anyone else, so don't complain if it causes your computer to spontaneously combust or sends your significant other to the cornfields.

Compile date - 2/20/2003

Download link - foo_brr.zip

Author website link - For now, just my home page. Organized list of plug-ins coming soon, maybe.

Screenshot link or send me screenshot - N/A

Third-party plugins

Reply #28
announcing shorten input plugin:

ssamadhi97 and I are working on an input plugin for shorten. Playback is already working (except for some "glitches" - it is so frustrating to have errors in the decoder of something considered a "low complexity format"  ). Seektable support is in the making. And even some "parse metadata from text file"-thing.

We hope to release it ... soon (no, I'm not gonna make promises  )

Third-party plugins

Reply #29
announcing shorten input plugin:

ssamadhi97 and I are working on an input plugin for shorten. Playback is already working (except for some "glitches" - it is so frustrating to have errors in the decoder of something considered a "low complexity format"   ). Seektable support is in the making. And even some "parse metadata from text file"-thing.

We hope to release it ... soon (no, I'm not gonna make promises   )

Please only use this thread to give me the information needed to update the 3rd party site - nothing else, thank you.

Third-party plugins

Reply #32
Just released a foobar2000 version of the oddcastv2 streaming source DSP plugin....

http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv2_foo/

with support for streaming to Icecast/Shoutcast/Icecast2 streams in MP3/Vorbis/WMA formats...

oddsock

Third-party plugins

Reply #33
Uploaded a new version of foo_psf.... never expected PSF files which don't contain enough compressed data to fill out the entire executable. In this case, Tales of Eternia PSF rip. ToE-a.psflib contains 637184 bytes worth of compressed data, excluding the 2048 byte executable header. That very same executable header says the text section of the executable is 1048576 bytes long, so I assumed uncompress() should yield that plus the 2048 header. I guess I was wrong, so in cases like this, if uncompress succeeds, I just zero the remaining buffer space.

Weird.

Third-party plugins

Reply #34
Updated foo_psf again, this time to address crashes that may occur during file load. Did something dumb in a function that parses the length/fade tags. (Turns MM:SS.sss into milliseconds, wasn't checking if fraction was more than 3 digits long before writing a null somewhere into there. Amazing that creeping 1-2 bytes past the end of that string led to crashes at random. Pays to actually test the code as a Debug build before compiling Release and publishing it....)

EDIT: Minor change just posted as of 2:51PM PST.

Third-party plugins

Reply #36
* Component name: Recycler
    * Component type (appropriate section): General
    * Which foobar2000 version the component works with: 0.58b/c
    * Author name and e-mail address (and tell me if you want your e-mail address to be published): Messer  <dsier at pmp dot com dot pl>
    * Description of the component: Adds "delete" and "recycle" commands to context menu
    * Compile date: 2003.03.15
    * Download link: http://www.dago.pmp.com.pl/foobar/foo_delete.zip
    * Author website link: http://www.dago.pmp.com.pl/foobar/
    * Screenshot link or send me screenshot [none]

Third-party plugins

Reply #37
foo_psf updated to new H.E. library to match v1.08. (Note retrigger problem fixed, CPU divider option removed.)

Third-party plugins

Reply #38
Recycler (foo_delete.dll) component updated.

- added possibility to assign key shortcuts to delete/recycle commands
- now one can delete currently playing file - plugin stops playback if needed

Third-party plugins

Reply #39
Small update of Recycler again  Added configuration dialog.

Third-party plugins

Reply #40
Small update to foo_xa, now it retrieves the song length from the database when you play the file, to fix progress bar display for scanned songs.

Third-party plugins

Reply #41
IT'S YOUR LUCKY DAY! (Actually, I just got really bored.)

Component name - ID3v2 tag reader v0.666

Component type (appropriate section) - General

Which foobar2000 version the component works with - 0.586

Author name and e-mail address (and tell me if you want your e-mail address to be published) - kode54, chris (at) kode54.tk

Description of the component - Does what many of you have been bugging about, reads ID3v2 tags. Also forces removal of said tags if you update the metadata within the player. Lacks support for a fields. (Namely, picture, generalobject, uniquefileid, playcounter, popularimeter, cryptoreg, groupinreg, syncedlyrics, audiocrypto, equalization, eventtiming, cdid, mpeglookup, ownership, private, positionsync, buffersize, volumeadj, reverb, syncedtemp, and metacrypto. Just think, there are nearly four times that many fields that are supported, and you probably only know about a dozen of them.)

No configuration at this time. If you don't like it deleting your ID3v2 tags on write, tough. Maybe you can convince someone out there to write something like this that also writes ID3v2 tags. Pfft.

Compile date - 3/17/2003

Download link - foo_id3v2.zip

Author website link - k0de's Foobar2000 plug-ins

Screenshot link or send me screenshot - N/A

Third-party plugins

Reply #42
Just released a foobar2000 version of the oddcastv2 streaming source DSP plugin....

http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv2_foo/

with support for streaming to Icecast/Shoutcast/Icecast2 streams in MP3/Vorbis/WMA formats...

oddsock

Please supply the information the way fx. kode54 does.
If you want your component to be added you should make it easy for me. Thank you.

Third-party plugins

Reply #43
Just updated the 3rd party site to the new design and added/updated all components I know of.

edit: how could I forget: Many thanks to Case who basicly redid the site.

Third-party plugins

Reply #44
Updated ID3v2 plug-in, thanks to Dan McCoy for the crash example file.

It seems some taggers see fit to not specify what format the text fields are encoded in. (ISO8859-1, UTF8, UTF16, UTF16BE) Now I correctly check if GetField(ID3FN_TEXTENC) is returning NULL, rather than just appending ->Get() onto it and crashing in the absense of that information. I also assume ISO8859-1 in those special cases, hope this doesn't cause any problems if idiot software decides to do this with UTF8 or UTF16 strings as well.

EDIT: If you actually checked the version info in the components panel, you'll notice this is still 0.666. Meh, I should change it. Too bad I had to use that number for my first release... there have been several revisions since.

Third-party plugins

Reply #45
Recycler plugin updated  - now supports Unicode file names.

Third-party plugins

Reply #46
All of my plug-ins have moved here.

Third-party plugins

Reply #47
Component name - Database search
Component type (appropriate section) - General
Which foobar2000 version the component works with - 0.5x (not tested with unicode version)
Short description of the component - similar to playlist search of core, but searches in database
comes with configuration dialog, be sure to get the correct version for your system (ansi is for Win98/WinME)
Compile date - 2003-03-26
Download link - unicode version and ansi version

search window is not (yet) resizable

Third-party plugins

Reply #48
Is there anyone knows where I can get prog for encoding to MP4? It is because I cannot play my AAC files on my foobar2000. Then I need to encode my CD to MP4 in the future.

Third-party plugins

Reply #49
[deleted]