Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3 warnings popping up all the time, after updating to v1.5 beta 13  (Read 1797 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 warnings popping up all the time, after updating to v1.5 beta 13

I just updated to the latest beta, and I'm getting these strange errors when playing an MP3 file when the player, I assume, starts pre-buffering the next track.
Code: [Select]
File verification error: MP3 decoding failure: Unsupported format or corrupted file
"<current file.mp3>"
The error is for the current track, not the next, oddly enough.
It seems to do this for all MP3 files I've tried so far, and none of them were causing any problem before.
The verifier also marks them as "MP3 decoding failure: Unsupported format or corrupted file".
Despite all these annoying warnings popping up, the files seem to play fine.

***I accidentally posted this on "General".  Please move it to "Support", where it belongs

Re: MP3 warnings popping up all the time, after updating to v1.5 beta 13

Reply #2
Strange, not seeing that here.  In Playback/Output I'm using wasapi-event with buffer length set at 610ms, no RG, cursor follows playback.  Read-ahead set to 0 for local files, no full track buffering.  Are you seeing the pop-up as soon as playback begins or towards the end of the track?

Reply #3
End of track, just before it switches. (Easy to check, just have FLAC up next.) Wasapi-push with RG.

I thought it was the foo_verifier, as it started becoming over-zealous. But even when uninstalling that, it also happens at the end of "any" mp3 playback.

Reply #5
Confirmed and fixed for beta 14, thanks for reporting.

The long story is that I reverted to use of avcodec_decode_audio4() to in order to fix a vorbis decoding regression, while FFmpeg seems to have changed the semantics of that function since it was last used in fb2k, now returning -EINVAL when fed an empty buffer.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #6
@Peter

Thank you for the quick fix, I was wondering why this was happening.

Reply #7
Thank you.