Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

A DVD player with MPC decoder ... Would you buy one, and how much would you be willing to spend for it ?

I would buy this DVD player at once, and pay 100,- € for it
[ 16 ] (10.5%)
I would buy this DVD player at once, and pay 150,- € for it
[ 18 ] (11.8%)
I would buy this DVD player at once, and pay 200,- € for it
[ 19 ] (12.4%)
I would buy this DVD player at once, and pay 300,- € for it
[ 15 ] (9.8%)
I am interested and would maybe buy it later, for 100,- €
[ 12 ] (7.8%)
I am interested and would maybe buy it later, for 150,- €
[ 25 ] (16.3%)
I am interested and would maybe buy it later, for 200,- €
[ 7 ] (4.6%)
I am interested and would maybe buy it later, for 300,- €
[ 4 ] (2.6%)
What is MPC ?? Never heard of it ....
[ 10 ] (6.5%)
I am using MPC, but i am not interested in a hardware player
[ 27 ] (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 203

Topic: MPC hardware support ! How much would you pay .. (Read 20186 times) previous topic - next topic

MPC hardware support ! How much would you pay ..

Reply #25
I´m quite sure: One day it will come! - Even if some people say here MPC is already dead.
- Portable, yes, but but but.... please with big memory (>= 512 MB), and no "cheap" OEM-product.
- Car MPC-Player (with included xx GB hard-disk of course, changeable) would be a really great thing.
- "Don't really need a dvd player which does that since my computer is my entire entertainment system.. it's got everything in one little case" (quote): Nothing to add here..... same opinion.
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #27
well......i dont even use dvd player since my pc is ok for all that over tv-out.......But...since i got tons of mpc--i would be willing to buy a hardware dvd player which would support all regular formats+vorbis,aac and ma-lossless.....wouldnt pay more then 200 us---and i would have to like a unit........a lot.........But..im more interested..much more for car player..in that case wouldnt care for all formats..except mpc and lossless(monkey`s audio preffered solution)..

Reply #28
I assumed you were talking about a portable player.  Since I'm considering up to $400 for a portable flac player or AAC player I would definatly purchase a portable MPC player that read the files off DVDs.

Now if you were thinking something for your home theater my answer would be no thank you.  My Bose plays MP3s and I don't use that at all.