Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC v1.3.3 (Read 159041 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: FLAC v1.3.3

Reply #100
I seem to be a little late to the party here!! ;)

I can generate Intel compiles and/or Visual Studio compiles. What does everybody want?

I'd prefer Intel compiles (that's what you currently have on the RW site, correct?), but either would be great.  :)
OK, I'll get to it tomorrow. :) I'll post here when they're available.

Reply #101
I'll get to this when I am able but the git repositories at xiph.org are inaccessible at the moment. :(

Reply #103
I was, but discovered the error in my ways!! ;)

New compiles now at Rarewares. :)

Reply #104
Thanks, John  :D
EZ CD Audio Converter / FLAC or WavPack

Reply #106
New compiles now at Rarewares. :)
Thanks, but the libFLAC links are pointing to the FLAC executables downloads ;)
Thanks for the 'heads up', it's fixed now. :)

More haste, less speed is the moral of that, I think!

Reply #108
Hi guys! I want to download v1.3.3 but on xiph site I found command-line tools only. Why there's no exe file of 1.3.3 for windows?
"Always account for the change."

Reply #109
You mean a GUI, right?

Reply #111
Hi Korth! I don't understood...So I have to download 1.3.4?

Reply #112
Note: flac.exe is a command-line tool.
As I interpret the message, an issue with the official 1.3.3 source code prevented an official Windows build.
So stick with 1.3.2, wait for 1.3.4, or use one of the unofficial builds for 1.3.3.
korth

Reply #114
Very interesting! :o

Reply #115
Note: flac.exe is a command-line tool.
As I interpret the message, an issue with the official 1.3.3 source code prevented an official Windows build.
So stick with 1.3.2, wait for 1.3.4, or use one of the unofficial builds for 1.3.3.

Ook! I'll keep v1.3.2

Reply #117
Hi. I'm using the old frontend (GUI for Windows). I've encoded with this GUI, over 15K songs and never had an issue. I am attaching it, if someone needs it. I also put the x64 tools from flac 1.3.4 found here, posted by "Ozz" , which also works great for me.
Cheers.

Reply #118
FLAC 1.3.3 + LibFLAC_dynamic.dll  (x86 & x64)
MSVC 2019 (v142) SDK version 10.0.19041.0
commit bfd4f13 (2020-12-17)

Reply #120
Thanks, NR   8)
EZ CD Audio Converter / FLAC or WavPack

Reply #121
Sorry for the noob question  :)) I am on Windows 10. I would like to update flac.exe that ships with Flac Frontend to version 1.3.3 but I do not know whether I should use the 64-bit or 32-bit version. Any help? Thanks.

Reply #122
Sorry for the noob question  :)) I am on Windows 10. I would like to update flac.exe that ships with Flac Frontend to version 1.3.3 but I do not know whether I should use the 64-bit or 32-bit version. Any help? Thanks.
Open a command-line window (hold down Win key and press r, then type "cmd" without quotation marks, and press Enter).
In the command-line window, type
wmic os get osarchitecture
and press enter.

Reply #123
Open a command-line window (hold down Win key and press r, then type "cmd" without quotation marks, and press Enter).
In the command-line window, type
wmic os get osarchitecture
and press enter.
Thanks. Windows 10 is 64-bit and Flac Frontend is 32-bit. So which flac.exe version should I use?

Reply #124
Since the frontend simply calls the command line encoder it shouldn't make any difference. Start with the 64 bit version. If you encounter a problem, which you shouldn't, switch to the 32 bit version.