Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mass transcoding from wavpack into mp3? (Read 4091 times) previous topic - next topic

Mass transcoding from wavpack into mp3?

Hi all,

I just started using F2K recently, and noticed that probably the only built-in transcoding option is from flac into mp3. I backed up my entire collection mainly in wavpack, as it is faster and slightly more powerful than flac. In case I need to transcode my collection into mp3 for my car mp3 player recursively overnight, does anybody have the experience or is there any intention for the future version to do the same with wavpack files?

Cheers,

Crzmn

Reply #1
Hi all,

I just started using F2K recently, and noticed that probably the only built-in transcoding option is from flac into mp3. I backed up my entire collection mainly in wavpack, as it is faster and slightly more powerful than flac. In case I need to transcode my collection into mp3 for my car mp3 player recursively overnight, does anybody have the experience or is there any intention for the future version to do the same with wavpack files?

Cheers,

Crzmn
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300292"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you can transcode WavPack to mp3 using Foobar, thats what i used to convert my wavpacks to mp3 cd's for my car.

use the diskwriter and configure the lame preset you want to use (e.g. locate the lame.exe, etc), change the output file name formatting to how you like,  load the wavpacks into foobar and select the songs, right click and select convert and choose the diskwriter preset you configured ealier and then select the place where you want to store the mp3's
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
Hi all,

Cheers,

Crzmn
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300292"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you can transcode WavPack to mp3 using Foobar, thats what i used to convert my wavpacks to mp3 cd's for my car.

use the diskwriter and configure the lame preset you want to use (e.g. locate the lame.exe, etc), change the output file name formatting to how you like,  load the wavpacks into foobar and select the songs, right click and select convert and choose the diskwriter preset you configured ealier and then select the place where you want to store the mp3's
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300301"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Many thanks, A man,
yes it works now, and I remember that I have already practiced that in the past some time, but then it started to report a mistake which I cannot describe now.

Have you tried the new beta version F2K 0.90?

Rgds,

Crzmn

Reply #3
OK - so it's no problem with foobar.

But if I don't have foobar installed and really don't want to (as I have never used foobar and wouldn't need it as itunes is fine for me) - how could I do it then?

Help is much appreciated!

Regards, freak