Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_quicksearch (Read 220013 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_quicksearch

Reply #125
Couple of keyboard-related requests:
  • When the toolbar has focus, could Ctrl-A select all text?
  • The Esc key behaves inconsistently. Sometimes it moves focus to the current playlist but sometimes it does nothing. If it could always give the playlist focus that would be awesome.

I have added your requests to the todo list .... but have little spare time at the moment. Be patient.
I'm no sure that I can control the Escape key behavior.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #126
I am using the popup instance of the toolbar (menu Library, Quicksearch) with favorites. The Esc key always closes the toolbar what I do appreciate and what shouldn't be changed because it is somehow a standard (the Esc key also closes foobar's Console window for example).    
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #127
Couple of keyboard-related requests:
  • When the toolbar has focus, could Ctrl-A select all text?
  • The Esc key behaves inconsistently. Sometimes it moves focus to the current playlist but sometimes it does nothing. If it could always give the playlist focus that would be awesome.

I have added your requests to the todo list .... but have little spare time at the moment. Be patient.
I'm no sure that I can control the Escape key behavior.

Awesome, will be waiting patiently.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #128
The Esc key always closes the toolbar what I do appreciate and what shouldn't be changed because it is somehow a standard (the Esc key also closes foobar's Console window for example).    
That will not be changed I guess BlindSeer was referring to the behavior as an UI panel/element.

BTW a new version is available which tentatively fixes crashes in some situations. Please download from here or use the built-in updater.

I would like to be informed of any problem/crash occurring (or not) when using the context menu options (quicksearch for same ...) with the parenthesis removal feature activated in the preferences. Thanks.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #129
NEMO7538, is it possible to change the font-size for the quicksearch-bar only, without changing the general font-size ?

I'm using CUI and cannot find any adequate option at the quicksearch-preferences-page or 'Display > Columns UI > Colors and Fonts > Fonts' (last one might be the appropriate place, guess so).
Maybe I'm blinded, AFAIR I managed this some time ago (1 year+).. 

foo_quicksearch

Reply #132
Bug: GDI leak

Steps to reproduce:
  • Make a clean install of foobar2000
  • Install foo_quicksearch
  • Add foo_quicksearch to the layout
  • Start ProcessExplorer (maximized, to hide foobar2000 in the last step, when switching to ProcessExplorer)
  • Open Properties on the current process and select the Performance tab
  • Switch between foobar2000 and ProcessExporer => GDI Handles are increasing for every switch cycle
This behaviour can also be reproduced with ColumnsUI. Further, the GDI Handles increase always by 3, if foo_quicksearch does not have the focus otherwise they increase by more then 10 up to 20.

The problem was probably introduced with the last version as I didn't face display problems in foobar2000 before.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #133
The problem was probably introduced with the last version as I didn't face display problems in foobar2000 before.

I will have a look but anything related to GDI has not changed for ages so I am a bit surprised.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #134
Well, my last sentence is, of cousre, only a guess as my common usage pattern is to switch very often between foobar2000 and other applications and since the installation of the current version (upgrade von v2.0 to v2.1) about two or three days ago, I faced already twice the situation that foobar2000 ran out of GDI handles. This never happened before.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #135
I have found the problem. Will fix for the next version.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #136
Just to make users with slow systems and/or large libraries confortable, not to mention that i don't understand the need of searching a single (or two) character in a library.

as i know you set the 'standard' delay to normal so this fits to people with slow machines or large databases but i don't understand why you erased the 'no delay' option.. because that one fits to my personal taste

for example.. i've activated 'search as you type' in my firefox options because i like the speedy way to type and to get instant results with every single keystroke

that is not a question about usefullness this is a question about feelings and i want to feel the speed when i'm typing and to get this feeling the search should start instantly with the very first keystroke

i would love to see this feature back again

just my 2 cents

foo_quicksearch

Reply #138
The last accessed favorite always is sorted on top of the favorites list. The more entries the more difficult it is for me to find the desired entry. Would be an option possible to sort the favorites by their names instead?

Full size image

foo_quicksearch

Reply #139
In ELPlaylist, whenever I middleclick a group the "quicksearch for same/"  doesn't work. With the older (depreciated) version it works though.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #140
In ELPlaylist, whenever I middleclick a group the "quicksearch for same/"  doesn't work. With the older (depreciated) version it works though.

To avoid confusion in some situations, the context menu is no longer available (and grayed) when several entries are selected in the playlist view.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #141
Bug report:  There is a conflict between foo_quicksearch and foo_ui_columns

I discovered it when I upgraded to foobar 1.1. I tried with foo_ui_columns 0.3.8.6 or 0.3.8.7.

Here is the layout I had before:

Because foo_uie_quicksearch changed its name to foo_quicksearch, I had to replace the <unknown> element.
However, this crashes foobar.

I discovered that even if I try to rebuild my layout, from scratch in a new profile, foobar will still crash when I create the last Horizontal splitter with filters.

Could you please consider this bug and add a fix? Thanks

foo_quicksearch

Reply #142
I discovered that even if I try to rebuild my layout, from scratch in a new profile, foobar will still crash when I create the last Horizontal splitter with filters.

I am not sure what the cause is. Please provide a crash log. I'll have a look.

BTW, a new version is available here or using the  builtin updater. It fixes an improper behavior with the alt key (which should now give focus to the main menu area).

foo_quicksearch

Reply #143

I am not sure what the cause is. Please provide a crash log. I'll have a look.

BTW, a new version is available here or using the  builtin updater. It fixes an improper behavior with the alt key (which should now give focus to the main menu area).

Hi and thanks for your answer.

Forgive my ignorance, but how and where do I get a crash log?  I can't seem to find useful information about it.
foobar doesn't present me a crash log by default.

Unfortunately, this bug is still present in version 2.3.
It is easy to reproduce, if you install foo_columns_ui and foo_quicksearch and try to get the layout I put in the screen captures.

foo_columns_ui is very important to me, so I can't use foo_quicksearch now.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #144
I'm sorry but I can't reproduce this bug. Please look into your foobar directory->crash report and provide more information.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #145
I'm sorry but I can't reproduce this bug. Please look into your foobar directory->crash report and provide more information.

Hi,

There is no "crash" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000".  I'm running Windows 7 and foobar can't write inside this folder, anyway.
There is no "crash" in the profile folder "C:\Users\(my account)\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000", probably because the crash is detected by Windows.

What can we do, then?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #146
Nothing ... I'm afraid

foo_quicksearch

Reply #147
What can we do, then?

Speech, I don't know whether it works but you could give it a try. Please backup your foobar configuration before doing any of the following steps.
  • Remove the current Quick Search Toolbar version from your CUI laylout,
  • then close foobar and delete both the component itself (foo_quicksearch.dll) and its configuration file ("foo_quicksearch.dll.cfg")
  • Re-add the old "foo_uie_quicksearch.dll" to your components.
  • Run foobar again: instead of <unknown> you should have back now your old Quick Search Toolbar (CUI version only).
  • Replace that toolbar with something other in your CUI layout.
  • Close foobar and delete both the foo_uie_quicksearch.dll and the foo_uie_quicksearch.dll.cfg
  • Re-add the current Quick Search Toolbar again to your components and then to your CUI layout.
Does this solve your issue?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #148
What can we do, then?

Speech, I don't know whether it works but you could give it a try. Please backup your foobar configuration before doing any of the following steps.
  • Remove the current Quick Search Toolbar version from your CUI laylout,
  • then close foobar and delete both the component itself (foo_quicksearch.dll) and its configuration file ("foo_quicksearch.dll.cfg")
  • Re-add the old "foo_uie_quicksearch.dll" to your components.
  • Run foobar again: instead of <unknown> you should have back now your old Quick Search Toolbar (CUI version only).
  • Replace that toolbar with something other in your CUI layout.
  • Close foobar and delete both the foo_uie_quicksearch.dll and the foo_uie_quicksearch.dll.cfg
  • Re-add the current Quick Search Toolbar again to your components and then to your CUI layout.
Does this solve your issue?

Thanks for this idea, but it didn't work, as I was stuck at step 1, because I couldn't delete the element from Columns UI: foobar kept crashing.
However, I rebuilt the profile folder from scratch.  That was long, but now it seems to work.  We may never know what the problem was.
Thanks anyway.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #149
Hello nemo7538!

I have a feature request concerning the "search for same" funnctionality in foobar2000s context menu:
A seperation from "tags strings" preferences to use query syntax instead of titleformatting.

I see many advantages:
1. Better handling of multiple values tags: f.e. tracks with exactly same mood
2. Fancy queries: f.e. other albums of same artist;
To see what is all possible you can take a look in foo_databasesearch that has a similar functionality.

Furthermore i appreciate your decision to grey-out the "search for same" menu in case of multiple selection as i am considering it also confusing that one track in a multiple selection determines what the applied command should do. What do you think about an idea i already posted in foo_databasesearch thread and that would allow "searching for same" even on multiple selections that makes sense when you likes to use that commands inside of library viewers (f.e. artist node inside album list). Now you are forced to look for a single item.

The whole and simple idea is to consider the string of a special search for same query as group and to check if a multiple selection consists of only one group. If yes then a senseful search operation is possible and if not the user could be informed about that in a popup window.