Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_la.dll - Foobar cannot play lossless audio (Read 2824 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_la.dll - Foobar cannot play lossless audio

foo_la.dll doesn't work in new version of Foobar.

Foobar cannot play lossless audio.

Foobar says that listeners must create the component with newer Foobar SDK.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you're happen to have Visual Studio installed, please make the dll for me!

Re: foo_la.dll - Foobar cannot play lossless audio

Reply #1
Foobar can play multiple lossless formats right off the bat like FLAC, WAV, etc. For certain lossless formats like TAK or Monkey's audio you can get the components off the main component directory on foobars website.

Wait is that LA component from 2004?

Reply #4
Warning: buggy. Who knows whether it produces bit-exact results ...
"К сожалению данный декодер является очень нестабильным, не декодирует часть семплов в конце треков, а также не умеет читать теги (но, как говорится, чем богаты)."

The LA format never reached 1.0 stage. I would convert to something that has a bit of support (using the "reference" decoder!), even though LA seems still to offer the most of compression.  Have a look at
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,97310.0.html and https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,95670.msg800186.html#msg800186

Reply #5
Warning: buggy. Who knows whether it produces bit-exact results ...
Trying to convert using foo_input_la.dll - it just lost 11520 audio frames [261ms] in the end of a track.
That's ok for listening if audio is not gapless. (Don't encode from LA with Foobar using this dll.)
LA.exe is fine.

Reply #7
Last time i tried to use LA plugin it was not thread-safe, so it crashed foobar2000 when it attempted to decode 2 or more files simultaneously. Also it didn't support non-ANSI file paths.

Reply #8
In my opinion the best way to decode LA format is to use the la.exe with foo_input_exe. You can use the settings from the attachment.