Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Standalone player using FOOBAR2000 (Read 2153 times) previous topic - next topic

Standalone player using FOOBAR2000

Hi everybody. I am making myself a standalone music player. It is basically a box, in the front side it has few buttons and a LCD. On back side, the power cable, line out and an ethernet card used to put more songs on the machine.
The project can be easily be done on Winamp, but I prefeer to use FOOBAR version 0.7, but there is a couple of things I don't know how to do.

· On the LCD I can put song info via foo_text and lcdinfo.
· With the keyboard I can do play, pause, forward, change song...

But, how can I, with a single keystroke, change to the previous/next playlist on a folder? Other way to do this is using the Album List, but, if I copy to the hard disk of the player more albums, how can I make foobar update its database of the Album List automatically when it starts?

There are plugins for winamp that does everything you want with an lcd, but for foobar....
I hope someone wants to do something similar as me, or somebody knows programig, I don't know 

Standalone player using FOOBAR2000

Reply #1
Hi. I too build a pc-based mp3 player, I used winamp+some plugins, but a have use a foobar2k because is better. Maybe somebody programing some plugins for mp3 player... 

ps.sorry for my english