Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_masstag (Masstagger) no longer supported? (Read 4148 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_masstag (Masstagger) no longer supported?

I notice that on foobar2000's components page, the masstagger is under the "Depreciated components" section. Is there any reason why it was dropped? I know it says "Has Severe usability issues", but what does this mean? Can it not be fixed/updated?

If not, can someone recommend a suitable replacement.

Reply #1
Properties window + quicktag gives you all functionality of old masstagger.
Sharing delusions since 1991.

Reply #2
I know it says "Has Severe usability issues", but what does this mean?
It was harder to use than it should have been.

Properties window + Quicktag + File Operations (found in the new 0.9.5 betas) do the same operations and are comparatively easier.
They also provide result previews whereas masstagger does not.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
Properties window + Quicktag + File Operations (found in the new 0.9.5 betas) do the same operations and are comparatively easier.
They also provide result previews whereas masstagger does not.

They are great, but notice that they lack scripts feature (useful for quickly setting few predefined tag sets at once). Now there is also no way to $caps2 tags.

Reply #4
Well, that's a fringe case. You can still always download it separately, if you need fringe functionality.

But the properties window does provide a $caps() function!
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #5
Maybe not an isolated case : http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=59187

I am being forced to use foo_masstag only because of its ability to define shortcuts with titleformatting ("rating +" and "rating -"). Quick Tagger can't do this, it's not even in its roadmap apparently, and this saddens me.

Anyway, can somebody point me to some official masstagger site where we can DL the latest version ? Thanks in advance. The Component Repository ( http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...nent_Repository ) only points to the fb2k site, where I can find no trace of foo_masstag...

Reply #6
I think you have made enough threads aware of your "issue" now...

Also, the Masstagger's location is mentioned in the first post.

on foobar2000's components page [added link], the masstagger is under the "Depreciated components" section

Reply #7
Sorry for that.  No problem. Thanks, I had been to the components page but I hadn't scrolled down enough, so I thought it wasn't available anymore from the official site.